14.

Current days....

𝗝𝗔𝗗𝗘

I was at a crossroads. All the exits where I could run and hide were blocked.

The stairs, for my husband. The door to the garden, for my brother. The front door for my father.

-Jade! What's happening here?-Vini asks. He's serious, it gives me butterflies in my stomach.

-Vini, this is our father. – Bernardo speaks. -Father, Vinícius, Vinícius, owner Marcos. Now they are presented! - I feel enormous anger, how can I be related to this idiot.

-Shut the fuck up! – I say.

- It's OK! I just wanted to help. – Bernardo speaks.

Vini runs his hand over his face, he's irritated that I didn't tell him. He turns and goes up the stairs, I follow him.

At that moment, I needed to sort things out with my husband. Problems like my father I left for later.

Vini knows I'm following him, he goes into my nieces' room.

I enter the room closing the door. He is sitting on one of the beds, facing away from me.

-Love... I can explain. - I say.

-Will you explain to me? How am I always the last to know about things? - He says, almost shouting. - I'm your husband Jade! - He gets up. - I should be the first to know about these things!

- You're right, you should know everything. -I say taking his hand. – Let me explain... and then you can draw your own conclusions, please ,love.

He sits down, I sit next to him and kiss his shoulder. He has his face in his hands.

- That guy in the room is my father. I say. - I haven't seen him since his trial, so it's been a long time.

-He called me when the kids and I were in London. - I say. - I wanted to tell you, but when he called me, I panicked.

-It wasn't a work call. - He says.

-No, it was not. -I say. - Vini, forgive me, please. - I ask. He looks at me. – I remembered everything he did, Bernardo and my mother went through, and I didn't want the children to know that. I panicked. - I start to cry.

- Come here. - He pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. - I just wish you had trusted me, and told me. Just that.

-I know. - I say. - I love you. I'll try not to do that again.

-I love you too, sweetheart. -He says. - But what are you going to do with your father in the room?

-I don't want to talk to him. – I say. – Not now... can you ask him to leave?

-It wouldn't be very courteous of me, but if that's what you want. - He says kissing my forehead and leaving.

I stay there alone in my nieces' room. I lie in bed, thinking about what would I say to that man? Should I forgive him? Should I know what he has to say to me?

I don't know.

Days later...

Today we were going to take the kids to the beach. Today the whole family was together. My mother and Alex, my nieces and my brother. My husband and my children.

Zuri was wearing a yellow plaid swimsuit, matching my yellow dress. Zeke was wearing black shorts matching Vini's shorts.

I always wanted to dress my children to match us. And now that I can, I don't miss an opportunity.