16.

𝗝𝗔𝗗𝗘

Days after...

- Mommy! Take it for me, please! - Zeke says, pointing to the glass of juice that was next to me.

We were at the Cafeteria, I was having coffee with the kids while Ava told me about some home improvements.

- I won't even tell you! - Ava says, while I hand the glass of juice to Zeke.

- What happened? - I ask. Three days have passed since my fight with Vinícius. Yesterday we fought again.

He had come to my house to talk to me, but I didn't want to talk to him, not yet. I was processing everything and seeing what was best for me and my children.

And Ava knew that, so she tries to distract me.

- Guess who invited me to dinner? - She says smiling. I make my usual confused face and she smiles even bigger. - Eduardo!

- I don't believe it, Ava! - I say smiling. The truth was that Ava had already gone out with Eduardo a few times when Vinicius and I were still dating. But it turned out that Eduardo wasn't the best guy at that moment for her. After a few years he changed a lot.

-Yes! The opening here kind of brought us closer together. - She speaks.

I look at Zuri who hasn't been saying anything the entire meal. She is sad.

-What happened, princess? - I ask.

-When are we going to see dad? I miss him. - Zuri speaks.

-Me too! - Zeke says. - We're going to his game today, right, mom? - He says while Zuri opens a smile.

The game. I had forgotten about the game.

- If you want, I can take them. - Ava whispers in my ear.

-No... - I say softly. - I need to end this situation. - I look at Ava. - We'll only go to the game if you eat everything!

They start eating together with Ava's son. That situation was tearing me apart, it was affecting the children and I couldn't let that happen.

 That situation was tearing me apart, it was affecting the children and I couldn't let that happen

Last night...

I hear the sound of the door opening. I know it's Vini. But I don't want to see him now.

-Love... - He says looking at me. -Where are the children? - He asks.

- They are sleeping. - I answer without looking at him. I'm putting away the toys that are scattered around the house.

Silence predominates between us. I look at him and he has a bouquet of white roses. I remember the day he gave me one like it.

And I start crying as soon as I see that. He leaves the bouquet on the table and hugs me.