Chapter 1:

!slight angst!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taking a deep breath before finishing my final spin and sitting on the hoop, I sigh, feeling dizzy and exhausted. Getting down to grab water, leaving my practice room, I grabbed my phone to browse Facebook to see old people, and women my age on vacation, showing pictures of their food, children, and boyfriends.

I felt jealous knowing it was difficult to find a significant other for me compared to women having the time of their life or just being gold diggers or possibly being a hoe. My best friend from middle school ended up taking the person I thought was the one for me. That girl was a hoe, though, but whatever.

As I continued looking at my phone, changing from app to app, I found an ad with a circus looking for more performers, and I thought it would be a good idea to try out and sign up.

I walked to my bedroom and fell asleep for about an hour or two until my loud ass notification woke me up and when I went to check it, I got accepted into the try outs as I was given a location and time for where they were being held. With excitement, I jumped up and almost slipped as I accidentally spilled my water.

I quickly ran into my practice room, which held my aerial hoop and went through my drawer of outfits, and chose an outfit that was my most favorite and set it on my bed that was in another room.

With what felt like minutes, I was on the hoop practicing my best moves and trying the hardest moves, but because of my clumsy self, I kept falling on the mat. After many tries, I was able to make the perfect movements without falling a couple of times, and soon, I was sure of what I was going to do.

During my practice, my phone got a notification, and it was getting spammed. It was my mom trying to talk to me. I got down from the hoop and opened my messages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom: "Sweetheart!"
Mom: "How are you doing?"
Mom: "Hello?"

Me: "Hi mom, I'm doing good."

Mom: "Well, since you've recently finished college, are you gonna get a job?"

Me: "I'm not really sure if I want to get like an office job.. I want something fun. Like the circus and showing my skills on the hoop."

Mom: "Are you sure that's what you really want? Don't you want to get good pay? Don't you want to have a husband and kids? I'm sure making kids would be fun!"

Me: "Mom... No.. that's gross for you to say.. Don't say that again.."

Mom: "But it's true!"

Me: "I think I'm gonna pass.. I need to get ready for bed."

Mom: "Alright, head to bed. I was just checking up on you and seeing if you need any help. Love you!"

Me: "Love you, too good night, mom."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk to my bedroom and change into my pj's, putting my phone down on my nightstand to charge.

Before I went to bed, I did my nightly stretches like usual and hit the hay once after, letting the darkness of my room consume me into a sleep.

A/N: Sorry, this is short, I didn't think of much for the first chapter, but the second will be longer.