Chapter 3:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jax! Leave Gangle alone! How many times do I have to tell you?!" The red-haired girl yelled at the tall man. "What?! Caine needs us..!" He kept the smirk on his lips. "Quit your lying! Y'know Caine never asked for any of us!.. I know you're just gonna do some stupid prank to gangle..!" She shouted, grabbing the tall man's wrist and yanking it away from Gangle's sleeve.

"Alright! Fine... You got me, dollface.." A smirk still stained on his face, he let go, and a hand went of his hip while the other just rested on the side of him. Gangle walked back towards me, "Sorry about that... Jax is always like this.." she reassured me. "Jax?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised.

She pointed to the tall man then to the red-haired girl. "That's Jax, and the other is Ragatha. We're a part of the circus here..!" She smiled, raising her arms up in excitement.

Jax's attention was drawn to you when he was looking around. "Oh?~... Who's this newbie? What are you here for? Tryouts?" He bent down to get to my height, which was 5'6. "Uh... Yeah..." I looked up at Jax, feeling anxious as he hoarded over my body. "Heh.. I remember my first time here. It was shit! That's what made the whole crowd laugh." Jax pinched my cheek and let go, standing straight again. "I could care less about your first day here... I don't like how you treat Gangle.." I responded, hoping he would back off for a bit.

"Oh? You're feisty..! Heh, I couldn't even give a shit about what you have to say about me. As long as I get entertainment from you, I won't care about you." Jax pushed me away and walked away. "I'm so sorry about that, new stuff... Jax can be a bit of an asshole sometimes, but he does make the crowd laugh, so that's why we need him here." Ragatha reassured me.

"It's fine." I said, walking back to the Lyra hoop and practicing again. After the ringmaster, Caine was calling up names one by one as I was filled with anxiety. Once, when my name was called by his assistant Bubble, I walked to the ring..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, to my surprise, when Caine announced the name's being accepted, my body was filled with joy as I heard my name be one of the ones accepted into the circus.

When I ran to my area, I jumped and grabbed onto the hoop and did a bunch of spins before getting dizzy and left myself in the position of "man in the moon" to rest. Soon enough, I see Jax walking towards me as his lips form into a smirk with sassyness written all over his body and the way he walked, looking like a badass.

"Well done, newbie.. I didn't think you would make it into the circus~" He teased, looking up at me as I hung upside down. "Well, that's where talent gets you.." snapped back, falling  onto the mat, sticking the landing and approaching him. "Where are you here? What do you want?.." I questioned, crossing my arms. "Nothing, darling. I just came to say congrats, nothing more." Jax patted me on the head. He seemed like he was lying and wanted to do something to me, but he changed his mind, possibly. Wait. He called me, "darling?"... It took me a minute to realize what he called me, but I didn't think much of it, knowing I just met him today.

"Hey, do you want me to give you a tour of this place? And since you are now one of us, you possibly get your own room to rest after performances?" He smiled. It felt kind of weird that he was starting to be so nice all of a sudden. But I took the offer while watching my back for anything that he could possibly throw at me. To my surprise, nothing really happened when he finished the tour.

"Say. What was your name again?" I look up at him, seeing some type of charm he had while he looked at me. "I'm Jax. And you are?" He held his hand out for me to shake. I shook his hand in response, "I'm Y/N. Pleasure to... meet you.." My voice shook, seeing that it wasn't a pleasure to meet him as my first encounter with him was shit.

I didn't think he'd be nice after he basically beat the hell out of me with his words earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~