chapter 4:

A/N: I had to republish this, I'm sorry, I was having difficulties with this book 😭😭😭
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first rehearsal with everyone went fine, although there was a freak accident that happened. Someone did chair acrobatics, and it went wrong. One of the legs broke, causing the whole thing to collapse, and they were sent to the hospital. The rest of the gang just took a break while Caine tried to handle the situation as swiftly as possible.

Back stage, I ended up finding new friends and what they do. Kinger did ventriloquism; he had a king style with his shirt and cape being purple.

 Kinger did ventriloquism; he had a king style with his shirt and cape being purple

His ventriloquism kinda made him go crazy a bit, so he never made sense sometimes. He was cool, though. I adored him a lot.

Then, there was Zooble. They were not really much of a person who liked to be here. They were kind of disheveled, only having weird robotic parts that would fut the circus, as they were part of tightrope walking. They looked pretty cool with paint all over their face and cool parts to replace plain metal parts.

Now, I was friends with Zooble, Kinger, Gangle, Ragatha, and Jax! Jax wasn't here with us as we all sat on the wooden benches inside the large tent waiting for rehearsals to start back up until Jax came walking up and sat right next to me

Now, I was friends with Zooble, Kinger, Gangle, Ragatha, and Jax! Jax wasn't here with us as we all sat on the wooden benches inside the large tent waiting for rehearsals to start back up until Jax came walking up and sat right next to me. "Wassup, fuckers?" Jax greeted everyone as he rested his hand on my thigh under the table.

His hand on my thigh sent shivers all over my body, feeling butterflies in my stomach, but I tried my best not to make it obvious. He looked down at his hand and up at me, but he never made a different facial expression as he kept the smile on his face and moved his hand just so casually. It made me think about why he did that.

Everyone just went back to talking. Out of the blue, Jax pulled out a centipede from his pant pocket and placed it in front of Ragatha as she squealed when the creature craonto her. She ran away and jumped around, hoping it would get off her while everyone else ran to her to help.

Giving Jax a widened side eye, concern filling my body. "Why would you do that?!" I shouted, "What?~ I found a centipede on the ground, put it in my pocket, and gave it to dollface over there. I could let the opportunity of a prank go to waste!" Jax smirked, getting up and walking away. I followed right behind him, wanting more answers. "You can't just put bugs on someone and see it as a prank..!?" I told Jax, but he didn't seem to care as I followed him into a dark corner of the tent, as I felt nervous, seeing no one near.

"I'm fine with doing whatever... As long as I get to see funny things happen to people, I could care less." Jax snickered, pinning me to the wall and whispering next to my ear and holding me by my shoulders, "you better watch your back, darling... I also have something for you that you won't see coming..."

He let go of me aggressively and walked away. I stood alone as I felt scared. I don't think I've ever felt this scared before in my life; thinking about his words, it still left me with questions unanswered..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, mid day

I sit on the living couch, watching cringe tiktoks for no goddamn reason in my right mind, until I get a notification on my phone from an unknown number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unknown number: "Hey."

Me: "Who is this??"

Unknown number: "It's Jax."

Me: "Oh. Wait... How did you get my number?!"

Jax🖕: "I have my ways, darling."

Me: "Okayyy? What do you want?"

Jax🖕: "Idk? I'm bored. Can I come over?"

Me: "I'm not sure... I don't trust you after yesterday."

Jax🖕: "I promise I won't do anything bad."

Me: "I don't trust that. No."

Jax🖕: "Pleeeeaasssseeee?🥺"

Me: "No."

Jax🖕: "C'mon, bbg? Pleeeaaaassseeee? 😭😭😭😭😭"

Me: "Ew, no."

Jax🖕:

Me: "Fine

Me: "Fine..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sent Jax my address, and after 10 minutes, he arrived at my front door.

"Heya, short-stack!" He pushed the door open the instant I twisted the door knob.

"Hi...?" It felt weird having a boy over at my place, but it felt no difference than having my new best friend over. She acted the same way but nicer and was shorter than me. "So! Got anything to do?" Jax pushed me out the way and settled on my couch. "I was just trying to watch tv until you came barging into my home..." I answered.

A small, fluffy Berman cat hopped onto Jax's lap and purred, rubbing its head against Jax's chest. "Oh?... Who's this little furball?... You're cute~.." Jax smiled, petting the cat. "You didn't tell me you had a cat?"

"In what situation or moment would I want to tell you I had a cat?" I snapped, grabbing my phone and scrolling through Instagram.

A/N: Cliffhanger!