CHAPTER 2

Jisoo was broken.

When she learnt from her classmate that Taehyung had proposed to one of his colleagues, Dr. Irene, an anesthesia postgraduate , it felt as if the ground beneath her was falling away.

"Jisoo, its about time you stop thinking about him. Some things are just not meant to be. Anyway, its not like you're in love with him or anything," Jennie told jisoo for the hundredth time.

"I'm not thinking of V. Its just that...." Jisoo's voice trailed off and she once again went into a pensive mood.

"Its just what, jisoo? Don't you see that you haven't been yourself for the past week?" Jennie tried to make her see the situation clearly.

"It doesn't feel right. I mean , I may not be in love with him , but I have known V for quite some time now and Irene is not the right person for him. I know it. Why did he choose her of all people? He is such a sensible boy and look at her, show-off type. I agree, she's pretty. Beauty without brains, that's what she is." Jisoo shook her head in disapproval.

Jennie observed her friend's face. Jennie knew Taehyung meant a lot more to jisoo than being a mere crush. Jennie had to get jisoo out of the zone she was currently in.

"Haven't you heard of the phrase "opposites attract'? May be he finds her attractive. Not may be. He definitely does or else he wouldn't have proposed to her. And if you won't bite my head off, shall I tell you one thing? You despise her so much because you are obviously jealous of her."

Jisoo's phone buzzed and when she picked it up, she saw that it was Taehyung's message.

-Jisoo, are u free this evening ? I was thinking of introducing you to someone. We can go to the café near university and have some good food there. What do you say?

Jisoo cursed her luck and gave her phone to jennie, who by now was carefully assessing her friend's body language. She saw the message and her concern for her friend grew.

"You don't need to go, Jisoo. Just tell him you have other plans for the evening. Or do you actually want to go?" jennie was getting worried about her friend. She knew Jisoo would get uncomfortable sharing the space with Irene whom she already seemed to dislike.

The phone buzzed again. Once again it was Taehyung.

-Hey,you there? Suga is coming as well and you can ask jennie to accompany you.-

I think I should go. Going there and seeing them will make this feel real and I should be able to get over it. Urghh....I know its tough. But how can I avoid him? We are family friends after all, Jisoo thought to herself carefully.

Jennie agreed to go.

----

"Hi Jisoo, hello Jennie , I thought girls take much longer to get ready. You people are very punctual." Taehyung tried to make the atmosphere comfortable. He looked dapper in his black t-shirt and blue jeans.

God! Help me please, thought Jisoo, as she tried to brush away the sudden wave of awareness that coursed through her.

"Looks like Suga is going to be late." Taehyung glanced at the entrance of the café and saw Suga parking his bike in the parking lot.

"Speak of the devil and her he comes" Taehyung gave a friendly nod to his friend , just as Suga took his seat next to Jennie. Taehyung and Irene sat on one side of the table and the other three sat on the opposite side.

" This is Irene, our anesthesia postgraduate. Irene , this is Jisoo, my friend, Our families are very close." He first introduced Jisoo, "and this is jennie, Jisoo's best friend. They are inseparable. And you all know Suga."

" Tae, we all know each other, that's not what you wanted to say, is it?" asked Suga. It wasn't often that he got a chance to embarrass his friend and he wanted to make the most of it.

" Okay, okay , Irene and me, we are seeing each other and I thought it would be nice to get together so I can formally introduce her to you all."

Jisoo suddenly lost all color from her face. Listening to that statement from V was hard. She pulled herself up pretty quickly, before anyone noticed, and tried to smile.

"Hello Irene mam," Jisoo greeted and shook hands with her. Irene was looking really beautiful in her shiny red one piece but Jisoo felt she was a bit overdressed for the occasion.

Jisoo and jennie didn't even think to dress up for the evening.

Jisoo saw Taehyung looking at Irene's face and he clearly seems to like her. She had to get over whatever feelings she had for him. She could see for herself that they made a very cute couple.

" Anesthesia and emergency medicine is good combination , Taehyung sir." Jennie tried to engage in some kind of conversation.

Irene wasn't really interested in this so called get together but had agreed to it rather reluctantly. she wanted to go on a date with Taehyung to a good restaurant. But Taehyung convinced her.

The only person who was enjoying the occasion was Taehyung.

----

Back in the girls' hostel, Jisoo opened her mobile and looked at the selfies they took at the café one last time before deleting them from her mobile , hoping she would soon be able to push her feelings for Taehyung aside and carry on with her life...

----

To be continue......

*Taehyungwill realize soon....EHM :)

hope you guys will enjoy <3