CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Things got really busy in ER.

A head on collision had occurred between a car and a truck near the hospital. The patients were wheeled into the ER by the ambulance personals  and were accompanied by police. All interns were confident to put their skills into practice in real life situation, with Dr. Lee and the postgraduates leading them.

Taehyung still couldn't look Jisoo in the eyes, though they have many interactions during the treatment processes . How could this happen? This is so embarrassing! But now is not the time to brood over this issue. Work needed to be done, so he gave instructions to Jungkook while carefully avoiding Jisoo's gaze.

Jisoo had been mortified at what she had witnessed. Taehyung hadn't spoken a word to her after that incident. But she wished with all her heart that he would behave normally with her and stop feeling miserable.

***

Jisoo reached hostel room after the hectic day. She walked towards her study table as she tiredly sat on the chair.

" Jisoo! How was the day ? Look what I have got for us, fried chicken!" Jennie's eye twinkled in glee as she entered the room with a white packet in her hand.

"Mmm, it smells nice, hope it tastes just as good. I'm so hungry I could eat the entire packet myself ." Jisoo was a foodie and never tried to be modest about her eating habits. She didn't believe in the concept of dieting and size zero never appealed to her.

Jennie nodded her head as both of them soon dug into the food.

"This is delicious." Jennie exclaimed.

"So, how was your day? Did you get to do anything substantial in the ER other than ogling at Dr. Taehyung ?" Jennie liked to irritate Jisoo because she knew her friend had got over her earlier heartbreak.

"Jennie , I'm warning you." Jisoo's eyebrows were knit in a tight frown. After a brief thought , Jisoo spoke again.

" Jennie' something happened today and I just can't put it out of my head. I don't know if I should tell you about it." Jisoo lowered her voice.

" Did you see Taehyung sir naked ?" Jennie teased Jisoo which earned her a pinch from her.

"Its not funny anymore, Jennie ." Jisoo's face grew grim.

"okay okay! Just tell me what happened ?"

Jisoo started talking and rather reluctantly explained in great detail what happed earlier that day along with Teahyung and Irene situation. Her heart breaking with each words.

And she thought she had already moved on....

By the time she finished talking, Jennie had already forgotten about the chicken in front of them as she sat there with eyes wide and palm clasped over mouth.

" Is he mad or what? In the ER?! I mean , anyone could've walked in. It could've been Dr. Lee of all people." Jennie shook her head in total disbelief.

"I felt so awkward . I have never known V to be so reckless. But people change, don't they?"

"Why are you so bothered , Sooya? Don't break your head over such things. He is the one who should feel embarrassed , right?" Jennie tried to give her friend some comfort.

"That is exactly what I'm trying to tell you. I'm sure he is shocked too, he hadn't even talked to me after that incident. But how do I tell him that its okay without embarrassing him?"

Jennie thought for a while and then told Jisoo to wait and see how he will behave with her next morning. If he still felt awkward then she could just tell him not to feel bad about it.