CHAPTER 4

Jisoo and chaeyoung reached the emergency room fifteen minutes earlier as they didn't want to be late on first day. Dr. Lee , the head of Emergency medicine, was quite strict with interns.

Jisoo looked around for taehyung. He must be on his way from the hostel, she thought. They were checking their shifts when chaeyoung felt a tap on her head. She turned around and saw Jeon Jungkook.

"How annoying are you ? Why did you come so early by the way?" Chaeyoung asked Jungkook.

"So that I can see you !" Jungkook smirked.

"Stop it! Someone might hear." Chaeyoung went stiff and looked around. Jisoo was struggling to contain her laughter.

"I'm always stuck with in every posting! God I hope atleast our shifts will be different!" Chaeyoung shook her head.

Jungkook just grinned at her. He would always openly flirt with her and deep down she actually liked that.

"Bad luck, sweetheart! As far as I know , we three are gonna be together for the coming three weeks. Here's the roster." He scrolled down his phone and showed them the email.

Jisoo, chaeyoung and Jubgkook in the morning shift , along with Dr. Taehyung. Jinyoung and Eunwoo in the night shift with Dr. Namjoon.

Jisoo was happy. Chaeyoung was a fun person to be with and Jungkook was an extremely helpful boy. She would have to thank Taehyung. At that moment, Taehyung walked in and gave them a huge smile . He was shortly followed by Dr. Lee

"What are you guys doing here standing and chatting in front of sick people? What is this ? A marriage party? And where are the others? Don't they know today is the first day? And they have to meet in the morning even if they are posted in night?" Dr. Lee fired questions at them one after one.

" We were waiting for you , Sir" Jungkook answered.

"Yeah, get to work now. Taehyung will brief you about your duty but relive the night duty interns first." Dr. Lee ordered them.

All of them ran towards Taehyung. As they heaved a sigh of relief.

"V, tell us what we are supposed do ." Jisoo spoke first.

"Each of you can go through the case sheets of the patients. The night duty interns will tell you the details of each case. You guys have to find out what has been done and what else needed to be done. And if the patient is stable then shift them to the general wards. Now you can divide the cases among yourselves." Taehyung briefed them and then carried on with his routine.

At around 9 am, a middle aged man was brought to the Erin a stretcher. He seemed to be sweating and was in so much pain.

" Hey! Three of you come here! Check his vitals. Sister, please follow the protocol. Connect him to the monitor and put him in oxygen." Taehyung was quick with his instructions.

He quickly treated the patient as well as explaining everything to the interns.

"He has a myocardial attack." Taehyung had already stabilized the patient by then and passed the details to Dr. Lee.

" Okay, now we have to wait for the reports. Meanwhile ,I want you three to keep a close watch on his vital signs." Dr. Lee said as he walked to his chamber.

" so, this is the first life you saved in the ER, happy?" Taehyung asked the three.

Jisoo looked at him in awe.