Green Defense.

"Ha!" James Potter sneered. "It's Sniveling Snape!"

The crowd of students behind him erupted in laughter. Snape was now pinned up against the wall, his dark brooding eyes locked in on Potters face.

James Potter smacked his books out of his hands. "How does it feel, Sniveling Snape? Your own house doesn't even like you!"

Through the crowd of laughter, the pattering of Riley Culver's black Oxford shoes was barely heard, nor was the muttering under her breath heard. It was only Snape who noticed her, her mousy brown bangs mostly hiding her eyes as she waved her wand below her waist.

This is it... Snape thought solemnly. Potter and his friends will end me now. I hope whatever spell she casts is at least merciful.

Snape was pulled from his thoughts by screaming. At first, he thought it was his own screaming, and he was detaching from his body. Oh no, it was not him screaming.

It was James Potter.

"A frog! It's a frog! Oh my god someone get it off! Where did it come from, where did it come from?!" James was nearly in tears as Lilly and Remus pulled him away, leading him down the hall. In that commotion, Culver's wand found the safety of her sleeve where she kept it.

Everyone dispersed. Snape leaned down to collect his books, making eye contact as he stooped with the largest tree frog he had ever seen. Bright green, slimy, and with bright red eyes looking at him. This frog looked like every other tree frog he had seen, except for the fact that it was as big as his hand.

As he was inspecting it, a small nimble hand reached down and scooped it up. Snape stared at the black Oxfords in front of him for a moment. When he stood, he was looking down on a set of brown bangs with honey brown eyes just barely peeking out.

Culver nodded wordlessly, and with her frog in her hands, walked away.

Snape was left looking sheepish in the halls.