McGonagall's Office.

Minerva McGonagall was a very sharp woman. Her dark hair, beginning to look quite salt and pepper under her black hat, was pulled into a tight bun at the base of her head. Her dark green eyes were often fixed in a scowl behind her square glasses. She was the transfiguration teacher and, as of recently, the head teacher for the house of Griffyndor.

"Sit." She said firmly to the to boys that trailed behind her.

They sat, both looking rather shaken. She scanned the two boys faces.

James potter was quite handsome, with dark hair and dark eyes that peaked out behind circular glasses. He had a soft face and a perfect smile that made people swoon, and he used it to his advantage.

Sirius black looked like a troublemaker. You would never guess he was the least troublesome out of the whole group. His hair was dark and unmanaged, it seemed like a while since his last haircut. His big dark brown eyes looked terrified and he had a blush on his sharp, angular face.

"I hope you two got your story straight. I heard you whispering while we walked. I will give you two minutes to explain why you shouldn't get detention." She waved her wand and transfigured the brass lion paperweight on her desk into an hourglass.

"Ma'am, we truly were not dueling this time!" James said. "We were... walking to see what Severus was up to..."

"And magic just, came from the sky, and cast Locomotive Petrificus and Expelliarmus, the two spells you two just learned this week?" McGonagal was unimpressed.

"I know it sounds unbelievable, but that is what happened!" Sirius was completely exasperated. "I truly think that Snape did it, professor! Just earlier today, he cast a frog directly onto James' shoulder too!"

"I don't believe that for a minute. To make a living thing just appear is something that even our 6th year students struggle with, and you all are in your 3rd year. Not to mention he said his wand was not on his person. Whats the next story? A hippogriff did it? Oh, I know! A centaur got ahold of a students wand and cast the spells from the forbidden Forrest!" Though snidely joking, her face was fully unamused.

"Professor McGonagall, you have to believe us! We were not dueling! And he did cast that frog!" James cried.

"Times up." She said as the last drop of sand fell. "I know something in your story must be true, because of how tightly you are sticking to it. But, this is your 3rd time in my office this year and school has been in session for 2 weeks. 5 points a piece from Griffyndor, and-"

There was a knock at the door. Flustered by the interruption, McGonagall speaks. "Enter."

The door opens and there stands a 7th year Slytherin prefect, with none other then Remus Lupin by the back of his robes.

Lucious Malfoy stood tall and proud, though rather angry looking. His uniform was pressed, his white blond hair was meticulously groomed, and he stared with striking stormy blue-grey eyes. Polished on the left side of his chest, was a shining silver and emerald prefect badge.

"He was in our common room making a ruckus. Didn't leave when I asked him to." Malfoy said, not waviering.

"Remus-"

"I didn't find him-"

"We did but-"

"Shut up!"

"Everyone quiet!" McGonagall hissed, her glasses slipping down her nose. "Mr. Malfoy, I have a question for you that I think will clear up a lot of confusion for these boys."

"Yes, ma'am?" Malfoy responded coldly, pushing Remus forward. Remus instinctively sat down in a large spare armchair that seemed to appear when he arrived.

"Can you, or any of your classmates your year or younger, conjure living things?"

"No..." Lucious said. "We are supposed to start learning that next week."

McGonagall shot a particularly pointed look at the other three. "Thank you, Mr Malfoy. You may go."

Lucious turned on his heels and left, shutting the office door behind him.

"Well, there unravels one bit of the story. So I don't want to hear another accusation about Severus Snape and that dumb frog." The three boys sank down in their armchairs. "It was him you were looking for, wasn't it?"

No one answered her.

"It was for some sort of revenge?"

Again, no one answered her.

"Alright then. 10 points each from Griffyndor. Detention for each of you. And I know just the way to carry it out." She smirked. "The first quidditch match of the year is two weeks from Saturday. Hufflepuff Vs Slytherin. You three will help me run the match."

All three boys groan.

"Oh, one of you is missing! Where is Peter Pettigrew?" McGonagal asked.

They all looked at each other. This time, their silence was because no one knew.