Not-So-Lovely Letter

<Kokichi POV> (Current Deaths:2)

Shuichi had given me a short little interview after bringing me to the library. He was quite eager to write down everything that I said. During the interview, I noticed a faint feeling of being watched. It wasn't big, but it was surely intimidating. A very threatening aura of some sorts. I didn't want point it out because I didn't want Shuichi to worry or panic, or whatever detectives do when scared. Could it be that someone was perhaps ease-dropping on Shuichi and I? Shuichi threw question after question at me and I gave my answers to each and every single one. It wasn't too long before he closed up the interview and we both went our separate ways. After Shuichi was out of sight, I looked around cautiously for whomever was watching.

Unfortunately, I could not at all find the person who was listening in. It's as if they were used to staying stealthily hidden from vampires, I couldn't even track a scent! Whoever this individual was, they were very dangerous, that was for sure. I gave up after maybe 7 minutes of searching. Did they already leave? Or were they still hiding in the shadows, waiting for a chance to strike? Whatever or whoever they are, I'll make sure that they don't hurt myself or Shuichi. After giving up from miserably looking for what seemed to be a non-existent person, I simply walked back to my dorm room. I arrived in my room, closed and locked the door, and sat on my bed, wondering if it was too early to call it a day or if there was something else I could do to pass the time.

I decided to lay down on my bed. It was quiet and uneventful. Almost peaceful if it weren't for the fact I'm stuck in a killing game. I stared at the ceiling, blinking absentmindedly while I waited for something or an idea to catch my attention. Which is exactly when I heard a piece of paper or something slide under my door. I sat up and looked at the mysterious piece of paper for a moment before getting up to grab it. I walked over to the paper, crouched down and picked it up. I stood up and read the paper. In slightly fancy handwriting which was way better than my own, the paper read, "𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝒾𝓂𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝒸𝓊𝓈𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝑜𝓂 𝒶𝓉 𝟣 𝒶.𝓂. 𝒟𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈. -𝑀𝒶𝓀𝒾 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝓊𝓀𝒶𝓌𝒶"

I could feel myself smirk a bit as I read the note. So it must've been Maki who overheard the interview then, hm? So she wants a meeting? Heh, this will be quite fun alright. Is she going to confront me for being a vampire? Will she try to kill me, perhaps? This is a killing game of murder after all, so that would make logical sense. But as a vampire, I'm quite experienced with fighting, so if that is indeed the case, she'll have to try a little bit harder than a normal murder plan which would work on some regular human. Maybe I can even get some blood out of this little meeting of ours. Maybe not. Either way, I'll have to make sure this ends in better terms for me rather than for her. And also keep her quiet about that little secret of mine she's been made aware of.

It's only around 5 p.m. so there really isn't much to do besides wait for what feels like eternity for 1 a.m. to roll around. Obviously, no one would want to be bothered by me right now. Not that I even knew where most of my classmates even were, but if I did I would totally annoy them. Perhaps I'll just go for a quick little walk around the enclosed area. Being trapped inside a giant glass dome sucks, as one could most likely assume. I left my dorm and paced around outside the main building. I spotted Gonta outside, who seemed to be searching for someone or something. He was shouting random things like, "Bugs! Where are you? Gonta just wants to be friends with you!" I approached him, speaking up in my normal kinda childish tone. "Hey Gonta, whatcha doin'?"

"Oh! Friend Kokichi! Gonta was just looking for bug friends... But he no can find any." Gonta looked down sadly as he said this. "Gonta see tiny spec in corner of his eye, he think it might be bug friend, but when Gonta go look, no bug!" This was pretty, no, very suspicious and definitely something to be accounted for. Tiny near-invisible mystery specs? Now, I wonder if I could tell Miu to make something for me. Actually, I will tell Miu to make something. And that's not a choice for her. I spoke up once more to Gonta before taking my leave. "Well, you might just be seeing things, but you do you, Gonta. Buh-bye!" I trotted back to my dorm to draw a picture of what I had in mind. I think I'll call it the 'Bugvac'. It wasn't quite the best picture, but you can really only do so much with crayons.

I gladly finished my artwork and skipped out of my room straight to Miu's ultimate inventor lab with my beautiful drawing. Once I stood before the metal door, I knocked. After a few moments the door opened to reveal the ever so cocky Miu Iruma. "What do you want, pipsqueak?" she asked. I shoved the paper in her face and spoke. "Make this, you miserable piece of trash." She whimpered as usual as she took the paper from me. "M-m-miserable piece of t-trash? Aa-ah~" I instantly slammed the door right in her face. I was certainly not in the mood to deal with Miu. I never really am, but sometimes I can at least tolerate her presence. I estimated that it would take at least a day. Maybe she would be done with it tomorrow or something. I'm not sure how much time I have left...