Strange New Object

<Kokichi POV> (Current Deaths:2)

I was awoken by the usual morning announcement, signaling the time to get up, stretch, and ruin everyone's day again. How fun! After taking a quick morning shower, I was ready for the day and trotted out of my room and off to the dining hall for the morning meeting. I didn't see anyone on my way there, unfortunately. The morning meeting went by, quick as ever and before I knew it, it was over. Eventually, during a quick walk of mine around the area, I was interrupted by Angie, who told me to gather in the gym and then left. Curious, I complied, wondering what it was about, though my hopes were not high as Angie mentioned her beloved 'Atua'

I went to the gym, merrily skipping my way there and then waiting with everyone else who had come, which apparently everyone was invited. Once Shuichi entered through the doors, which were larger than need be, probably because of the exisals, Angie spoke up in her usual yet very annoying voice. "Everyone! Gather 'round! We all here? Good! Then let's bow our heads and pray to Atua." Miu spoke up right after, sounding quite angry, though to be expected since she often sounded like that. "You're a real pain in the ass, ya know that?! Just tell us what you fuckin' want!" Angie responded to Miu's rude comment, unfazed. "Alrighty then, check this out." Angie then pulled out a strange looking flashlight.

(A/N: Image from the actual Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony game, not mine!)

Keebo spoke up in response to the weird device that was just revealed to everyone. Although he was a robot, his voice wasn't actually that robotic. "That is a peculiar-looking flashlight... So, what of it?" Angie herself didn't seem confident on what it was, as she replied. "Umm, I dunno what it is either. I inspected it pretty good... Nyahahaha, but in the end I couldn't figure it out." Shuichi was next to speak up, a slight hint of confusion was contained within his voice, "You couldn't?" Angie continued. "So I asked someone for help." Shuichi must have figured it out before the rest of us, as he got cut off when speaking. "...You don't mean-"

"If somethin' has you worried, just let Monokuma take care of it!" Without warning, Monokuma appeared out of nowhere and startled most of the students gathered together inside the gym with his annoyingly high-pitched voice. Monokuma then proceeded to talk even more, though surely no one in this room actually wanted him to keep talking. "If you don't know something, I'll tell you. If you need help, I'll help you." The black and white bear of despair changed his tone of voice to a more saddened one as he looked down while he spoke to the crowd of teenagers. "If you don't like something, I'll fix it. So don't get rid of it... Please don't get rid of...me."

Gonta Gokuhara was next to speak in the meeting. "Very bad when lady who act like that preys on you." Tsumugi Shirogane replied with a question. "Huh? Do you know that from personal experience?" Ignoring the bickering amongst the group, Angie gladly spoke up again. "Tell us, Monokuma. What is this flashlight?" The small robot replied quickly without hesitation, not any longer trying to sound sad for the students pity points. "Why, that's a Flashback light." Intrigued, Korekiyo spoke up in his regular scary voice. "A...Flashback light?" After that was said, Angie seemed to have became excited. "Flashback? Light?"

Monokuma spoke up in order to provide an explanation for everyone. "That flashlight doesn't shed light on darkness, it sheds light on your lost memories." Ryoma Hoshi spoke up after. I always wonder why he sounds so depressed and dead inside. "Lost memories...?" Monokuma continued, now having caught everyone's attention. "You guys seemed concerned that you couldn't remember how you came to this school... But if you use that Flashback light, you can remember everything!" Shuichi once again spoke up, though with a short response once more. "What...? With this light?" Kaito Momota was next to speak, though in a more worried and concerned voice than the others. "So it's your fault we don't remember when we were kidnapped, huh?"

Mom- I mean, Kirumi Tojo spoke after Kaito. "What did you do to us, and how did you steal our memories away?" Completely dodging the important questions, Monokuma responded instead with a promotion for the Flashback light. "Hmm, maybe if you use the Flashback light, you'll be able to remember that, too." Maki, unconvinced, spoke next. "...I don't believe it. No way this flashlight will recover our memories." Monokuma, still attempting to make us use the Flashback light, responded. "I bet there were a lot of naysayers and skeptics when the telephone was invented, too. For your information, the Flashback light can treat various symptoms of memory loss. The light it emits stimulates the basal ganglia and hippocampus. Not just that, but physical-"

Monokuma stopped himself from going on an annoying rant about the Flashback light. Guess he can do things right every now and then. "Phew, I didn't realize  how boring it would be to explain. Basically, it works like that..." Without another word, Monokuma vanished from our sight as quick as he appeared in the first place. Clearly annoyed, Kaito spoke up. "Hey! Don't just give up on explaining after a single sentence!" Keebo mechanically spoke again in reply. "So... what should we do?" Tenko replied to the robot's comment, looking worried. "What should we do...? You mean, should we or should we not use the flashlight?"

Answering her own question, Tenko went on, having made a firm choice. "No way! I refuse! It reeks of fishiness!" Gonta seemed to support Tenko's claim. "Yeah. Gonta no can believe flashlight can bring back memory." Ryoma then suggested an idea. "Well, why not ask someone who knows machines? We've got the Ultimate Inventor right here." Miu, being pointed out, then made her point. "You're all a bunch of Ultimate Dumbasses! No fuckin' way that thing can treat amnesia! Then again...these aren't exactly normal circumstances..." Miu seemed quite unsure as she finished speaking.

(A/N: might not update as fast due to school and other issues not giving me the time to write, will still try at least once a month hopefully?)