The 2nd Motive (Part 3)

<Shuichi POV> (Current Deaths:2)

"Thank you for waiting! We have gathered everyone else!" Keebo announced after bursting into the room with the rest of the students. Kiyo, seeming a tad disappointed at the timing of his peers sudden unannounced arrival, spoke his comment. "My word...and after I was about to experience one of Kirumi's famed massages..." Uncertain of exactly what that meant as a response, Keebo spoke with an unsure tone. "Wh-What do you mean? Are you also suggesting that I cannot read the air?" Getting straight to the main point as always, Maki casually interrupted their small bickering. "So what is it? Why did you drag us here?"

"Didn't I tell you? It's about the Kubs Pads.", Kaito informed, "Monokuma gave us a new motive. We can't not talk about it." Maki didn't seem to have actually viewed the content on her provided Kubs Pad, since her reply hinted that she practically left it untouched. "That thing that looked like another Monopad? That was a motive?" "Maki, haven't you watched the video on the Kubs Pad yet!?" Tenko awkwardly asked with slight concern in her voice. "No. I ignored it because I figured it was something stupid." Maki honestly and reasonably stated to answer the question. "That's actually really courageous in a weird sort of way..." Tsumugi commented.

"You don't have to speak up, but this is important, so you should at least listen." Kaito began, followed up by Kokichi. "So, what are these videos?" "No doubt they're more motives from Monokuma, but why were they all mixed up..?" Keebo asked, next spoke Gonta with his own comment to add. "Y-Yeah! Why Gonta get Tsumugi's video-" Before he could finish speaking, he was hastily cut off by Keebo. "No! Don't say it, Gonta!" "...Hm?" Although cut off, it was too late, as the words had clearly left Gonta's mouth already, leaving Tsumugi seemingly unsure as what to do with this information.

"Aah... I heard it... I see... So Gonta has my video..." "Huh? Gonta not supposed to say it?" Miu decided to speak her opinion next. "Who fuckin' cares!? We're gonna exchange 'em anyway, right?" "No, we cannot exchange them." Keebo decided to announce. "Why not?" Asked Ryoma, "They're videos of the most important people in our lives." "And that is precisely why we cannot exchange them." Keebo explained. "Although we do not know why our motives were mixed up... As long as we don't exchange them, we don't have to see our motives at all." Himiko spoke up, the first time she had done so this entire meeting.

"So it's better to just ignore them..." "Yes. At least, that is what I think." Keebo agreed. Tenko also seemed to agreed. Though that might've been because of Himiko thinking so first. "Th-That's true.. If we ignore them, then we won't have a motive." "I'm against that." Ryoma declared ominously. Tsumugi attempted to reason against his statement. "Huh? Against it? Why? If you see that video, it'll turn into a motive, right?" "That's why I want to see it." Ryoma replied. "You do?" I asked cautiously. "You were saying something like that before... That you don't plan on surviving." Kaito reminded the whole group. "It might not matter to you whether you get killed or not, but... We're different! We all want to live! Wake up already! You're like some zombie wandering around with no will to live!"

"No will to live, huh? Hmpf, if that's how you see me, then so be it." Ryoma dismissed it so casually, and it was already worrying enough. "But I've got no plans to change my opinion. That's just not cool." "Wh-What did you say!?" Kaito spoke, shocked. "Who cares? Ryoma just stated his opinion." Kokichi added, also shrugging off something that seemed pretty important, before continuing. "Actually...I feel the same way as him." "Are you...trying to cause trouble again?" Keebo inquired. "Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying we shouldn't care about killing or dying... But I think it would be better if we didn't cooperate with each other... Actually, we definitely shouldn't cooperate with each other!"

"We shouldn't cooperate? Why not!?" Tenko reasonably asked. "Think back to all of Monokuma's actions so far," Kokichi began, "Whenever we tried to work together, Monokuma would retaliate with a plan to make us suffer. It happened when Kaede wanted us to cooperate, and again with these motive videos, right? Which means, the more we try to cooperate, the more he'll try to make us suffer." Kirumi seemed to have already pieced together the logic provided as she spoke. "You are saying that if we do not rally together, we will not be made to suffer?" Kokichi then continued his statement, attempting to justify his actions prior. "That's why I had no choice but to screw with you guys. But you ingrates didn't even notice."

"And you're not lying to us right now?" I asked, reminding myself that he is not one to be easily trusted. "...Whether I'm lying or not, what I'm saying is still true. Anyway, we shouldn't force ourselves to cooperate. Let's just all do our own thing. So, I agree with Ryoma's suggestion." Kokichi finished, rounding up his essay of speech. It's *because* we're trying to cooperate that Monokuma is making us suffer...? But what about... everything we went through? What was the point of Kaede sacrificing herself? My edgy and depressed internal dialogue was interrupted by Kokichi speaking once more. "Anyway, I'm warning you all for your sake. Let's just exchange our motive videos instead of cooperating with each other."

"...I cannot comprehend that logic." Keebo exclaimed in a neutral tone. Kokichi then decided to make his departure announcement, though in a slightly rude manner. "Well, now that I've said I won't cooperate, I can't afford to be seen with you losers... C'mon Gonta. Let's go." Gonta spoke, seeming a tad surprised by being called out from the group suddenly. "What? Gonta, too!?" "We promised to think of a way to get everyone to exchange their motive videos, remember?" Kokichi explained. "Anyway, Kirumi, I'll hit you up later when I'm feeling hungry." Kokichi smiled childishly as he pranced out of the room, Gonta exclaiming, "W-Wait! Did Gonta make promise!?", before quickly hurrying after the smaller boy.