The Ultimate Hunt...?

<Shuichi POV> (Current Deaths:2)

Technology that could put your memories to sleep by controlling your brain waves. I used that to hibernate all memories relating to my talent. "Yes, I remember everything now! In order to escape the Ultimate Hunt, I erased my own memory-" I spoke quickly without thinking, but was quickly cut off by Kaito, with a worried or somewhat panicked look on his face. "W-Wait! Did you say "Ultimate Hunt"!?" "...Huh?" I replied, a bit confused. Miu also spoke up, seeming to have experienced the same thing. "You guys, too!? So it wasn't just me getting chased down in this Ultimate Hunt..." Kirumi, who seemed to be calmer than the rest of the group, spoke as well.

"Yes, you were not the only one. I...no, we... were being chased as well." We looked around at one another, each of us with the same shocked expression. What Kirumi said was true... We were all the same. We were all running from the Ultimate Hunt. Next spoke Ryoma, seeming a bit more concerned than shocked, "All of us here were being chased by the Ultimate Hunt... What on Earth does that mean?" Tenko voiced next a bit awkwardly, "Oh, wait... Can someone tell me what that is? I...can't seem to remember. What is the Ultimate Hunt?" Kaito spoke up in response to the question to answer it.

"Geez, how could you forget something so important? Alright guys, the Ultimate Hunt is...... Huh? What was it? Why can't I remember?" Kaito's face became more panicked as he realized that he too, had forgotten what the Ultimate Hunt was. I also decided to speak, as I had just subconsciously noticed the memory of the Ultimate Hunt slip from my mind. "I can't either..." I suddenly realized... I could not remember any important details of the Ultimate Hunt... Keebo spoke next, somehow also not remembering anything worth noting. "It's no use, I can't remember either. I can only remember being chased..."

"I can't remember anything else at all." I replied, also worried and confused. "Yeah, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to remember-" Just then, I got another sudden and frightening flashback, of myself speaking. "I...don't want to live... I want to die with everyone else..." "Ah!" What...was that? "I want to die with everyone else"? I remember saying that, but why did I say it...? Tsumugi spoke next, also having no more memories of the Ultimate Hunt, and looking distressed. "Umm... It's no use. I can't remember anything either." Next spoke Miu, looking grossed out. "Ugh, this feels gross. Like a shit that won't fully squeeze out."

Then Ryoma voiced up again, "Even if we can't remember, we should still be able to figure something out..." Gonta responded, confused. "...Hm? What you mean?" Ryoma replied, answering Gonta's reasonable concern. "If we were all running from the Ultimate Hunt, then why are we imprisoned here?" Himiko spoke next, but with only mild confusion, as she doesn't express her emotions well, if at all. "Huh? Why?" Ryoma led on, in his unusually deep voice. "Could the reason be that...we were caught by the Ultimate Hunt?" Caught... by the Ultimate Hunt? Keebo was next to speak, voicing his opinion on the matter.

"You mean, we tried to escape by erasing our memories, but they found us anyway... And subsequently, we were captured as part of this Ultimate Hunt?" Kaito spoke up next, seeming to have pieced something together. "Then, this killing game is..." Finishing the thought, Ryoma spoke grimly. "Yeah... It might be the work of the Ultimate Hunt." Kiyo spoke next, not helping to ease the eerie and unsettling tension in the air. "If that is so...then I am all the more concerned about this Ultimate Hunt." Angie casually and cheerfully spoke up next, not seeming nearly as uncomfortable as the other students.

"But, but how disappointing! No one can remember anything! Nyahahahaha! What a disappointing disappointment!" Miu replied, sounding a bit irritated at Angie's odd joy. "Quit laughin' about this, you little shit!" Kirumi calmly yet mildly curiously spoke next. "It seems losing him made a far bigger impact than we expected." Maki then asked curiously, "...Him?" Kirumi continued. "Rantaro... He seemed to know more than he let on." Angie pondered the idea before she spoke. "Ohhh, I do sorta remember him saying something like that." Kokichi them spoke up, sounding oddly vague with his words. I could probably swear that I could see his fangs when he spoke, but it's not that noticeable and the others probably either don't pay attention or just ignored it.

"Hmmm... Our mild-mannered mystery man said that, huh...?" I was also confused on the subject, as I spoke up. "But then...why did only Rantaro remember the Ultimate Hunt?" Korekiyo replied, not exactly making the situation sound any better. "There is no point discussing that now. After all, he is already dead." Kiyo got a strange look in his eyes as he continued. "But if you truly wish to hear his words, I could perform a seance for you. Hmhm~" He hummed creepily. Kaito did not seem at all keen on the idea as he spoke up, sounding a bit weirded out. "S-Stop it! Don't bring up weird stuff like that! And why're you acting all girly all of a sudden!?"

Once again appeared the infamous Monokuma, his presence being neither announced nor at all desired. "Yep, death can be real heartless." Himiko, annoyed, replied with a mild insult. "Says the root of all evil..." Monokuma chuckled as he spoke in his regular annoying voice. "Puhuhu... Looks like you guys safely got your memory back." Miu, pissed off as usual, angrily spoke to Monokuma. "What the hell's goin' on, you stupid-ass bear!? This Ultimate Hunt makes no goddamn sense!" Monokuma replied, unaffected by Miu's harsh tone, as if he ignored that all together. "Looks like your sealed memories are more stubborn than I thought..."

The small robotic bear continued. "Just one use of the Flashback Light wasn't enough to restore all your memories..." Kokichi however, seemed to have seen though a lie that I hadn't noticed as he cheerfully spoke up next. "You're such a terrible liar. You totally did that on purpose." Maki spoke, causing Kokichi's comment to be entirely ignored, instead decided to talk to Monokuma. "What connection do you have with the Ultimate Hunt?" As always, Monokuma refused to give away any actual information that could possibly help us to escape. "Puhuhu... I can't reveal that. Regardless of my true identity, my goal is crystal clear. And that is, to make you guys participate in the killing game! That is my only desire!"