Chapter Six

Chapter 6- He's a Party Pooper (Greyson's Perspective)

Meyers had a closed driving course. A closed freaking driving course and no one bothered to tell me about it! Luckily for me, I was fully capable of doing research and could find out about it on my own. So, on the very morning of the presentation and company dinner, I was at the driving course.

I had been home most of the week, taking care of matters, while Connor and everyone else in the office believed I was just working on the presentation I was supposed to do. To be fair, I tried to do research and come up with information for my assignment, how else would I have found out about the driving course, but it wasn't easy staying focused at home. There was television, Netflix, constant snack breaks, random old things I kept finding in my room, walks around the block, and not to mention how many times I found myself switching tabs on my laptop to watch Youtube videos or play weird online games.

And to be quite honest, sometimes I just found myself laying on the floor in a pile of papers and food wrappers while my feet rested above me on the bed or couch. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but it happened often, and I'd usually be texting multiple people for a while before I even realized I was upside down.

I refused to believe that I was procrastinating since I had actually been trying. It was just a boring assignment that didn't really have much information that made sense to present. Give me some credit here.

Therefore, going to driving course was probably my best option. Well that, and the information Peter emailed to me about the car. I figured, if I drove the car, maybe my presentation would sound more like it came from me after getting a feel for it firsthand. It all made perfect sense. And due to being COO, I had the right to test out company cars and drive them for however long I wanted to for free.

My buddy John was even nice enough to find the pretty tan colored model for me, and was going to drive me around as fast as it could go. John was the man in charge of the driving course. He and some of the others that worked the driving range usually tested out the cars for speed, brake power, steering wheel reliability, and all that other fun stuff. John used to drive NASCAR, and since he could probably make the driving experience more fun, I decided to let him be the one behind the wheel.

I even got to wear a helmet, that's how cool this whole thing was.

"John, you are awesome!" I said once we finished. I was dizzy, my hair was sticking out at weird angles, and the adrenaline rush was absolutely amazing. "We definitely have to do this again with a faster car!"

"Agreed! You are welcome here any time, Grey. It's been a pleasure." John pulled me in for a hug and I squeezed him extra tight as a final goodbye.

As I walked out of the course, waving goodbye to all the guys working there, I pulled out my phone to check any missed messages I might have received. Which, to my displeasure was actually quite a few. Connor had called me twice and sent me more than a few text messages asking where the hell I was since, again, the presentation was today.

I said a silent prayer under my breath as I dialed his number. "Hey Connor," I quickly said, trying to ignore how unhappy his 'hello' sounded. "So anyways, I'm on my way to the office right now, I'm just down the block at the driving course getting in some final research before I present to you what I have. It's still morning right?" I pulled my phone away to check the time on the screen. I'm pretty sure half-past-eleven counted as morning. "So I'll be there in like three minutes, okay?"

I waited a moment for him to reply, but received silence. "Is that okay, Connor?" I tried again.

"Three minutes." Came his response before the line went dead. Talk about pressure.