Chapter Eight

Chapter 8- He Complains (Greyson's Perspective)

It was a beautiful day! The morning sun wasn't quite yet fully beaming, but the birds were chirping and Bob Marley was playing on the radio. Everything was already great.

"Today is my day!" I said to Jay, who was barely waking up. I woke up super early, finally happy to be at peace with my partner. I had a feeling this was going to be a great week and that was all that mattered.

"I really don't care." Was Jay's groggy response from his room.

"Whateva. Don't hate just because you ain't working for a huge ass car company." I danced to the tune of Bob Marley, turning up the radio before going over to Jay's room, "Could you be loved! And be loved!" I sang at the top of my lungs, a wide smile on my lips. Jay looked at me a moment, before getting up from his bed, half dressed, and danced slowly to the beat while getting his clothes. "Aye!" I cheered him on, happy to see him in a good mood, "Today is our day, boo!"

I twirled out of his room, gathering the rest of my belongings before finally leaving our apartment.

"Good morning," I said softly, trying to contain my excitement as I entered the office.

Look at me saying, "the office," like I was all official and what not.

"Morning," Was Meyers Jr's response. He looked up at me for a quick second, before easily going back to typing on his computer. He did not look as excited as I imagined he'd be.

"How are we doing today?" I strode over to his desk, coming right up beside him.

He quietly sighed under his breath, "I'm fine, you?" He finally stopped his typing to give me his full attention.

"I'm doing absolutely amazing!" I went over to my desk, finally satisfied, "What are we doing today?" I dropped into my spinny-chair, smiling over at stone-face Connor.

"Okay, I think I'll go over some of the basics, since you obviously don't know anything. Maybe assign you a task to those things we go over so you can look more into them in your spare time." His demeanor was very serious, and it made me miss his slightly more lax self from the day before.

I guess this was what professionalism meant. But boy was it boring. "Sounds good," I said, already forgetting what he was going on about. This didn't seem all that awesome anymore. "Can I just go grab a drink real quick?" I rummaged through my wallet, already deciding I was going with or without his permission.

"Sure." He said, already going back to clicking on his computer. How could anyone do that every single day?

While I was out and about, I decided to look at the bright side. Connor wasn't completely pissed at me, and ready to actually work with me and help me out. Beyond that, I was still working at this amazing place, and I had already made a few friends. Not to mention, payday was coming up.

I guess it wasn't all bad after all.

With my newfound hopes, it felt like the perfect time to visit Mr. Spiderman.

"Peter! How are you doing on this fine Monday?" I pushed open his door after he gave me the okay. He was here super early which was nice.

"Fine," He said simply, completely against his usual nature. He was speedily typing on his laptop, seeming absolutely pissed. I hadn't heard from him since he asked me if I got home okay after the dinner. Maybe he was mad at me for leaving? I actually never really thought about how he'd feel about my abrupt exit.