Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17- She's Simple (Connor's Perspective)

I hated how I felt.

I was feeling absolutely horrible for what I said and I hated it. I didn't like to regret the things I did, but there I sat, wishing I could take it back.

My bad feeling was more of a conglomerate of how the entirety of the day had gone in terms of Greyson. I was mad at myself for the entire situation I had created the night before at my father's house and I had taken it out on her. Then I had to go on and say she had issues for taking medicine and I felt bad about that.

The way she looked at me. I didn't even want to think about it.

I remembered back to when Peter basically called me a monster.

"You have work to do," I said to myself, under my breath. It was never good when I got into these thinking spells. It felt like in more recent months, I had been doing that a lot more often. I usually predominated in ignoring things I didn't want to think about.

I grabbed my phone. I scrolled through unread messages, stopping when I got to the name, Daisy Knicks.

I really need to talk to you soon. It's a time sensitive matter.

She had sent that this morning and I remembered how just seeing her name made me ignore it altogether. However, knowing that I would keep beating myself up for the Greyson thing, despite knowing of the work I had to attend to, this seemed like it could be a decent way to occupy my mind.

Although, on the other hand, it could also create for me unnecessary stress.

Let's grab coffee at the shop near my building in 20 minutes. I texted back, despite that other hand.

Okay. Came her response, almost instantaneously.

______

I was sitting at the coffee shop, slightly early. Which wasn't surprising considering how it only took about two minutes to walk there. I had my coffee like I always did, two sugar, one cream and a shot of espresso. I took a sip, a knot still in my stomach still present as a constant reminder in some part of my mind about Greyson.

In my defense, I didn't think I said anything too horrible. If she had ADHD, didn't that literally mean she had some issues?

Daisy walked in then and softly smiled as she made eye contact with me. She had on a simple blue sundress and sandals. She made her way over, sitting in the chair across from me. Her icy blue eyes looked at me with a sort of maturity about them that I hardly ever saw in her. Her very meticulous brown hair was clipped behind her ears and she was still as pale as always, despite the Florida sun.

"Would you like me to order you something," I decided to be nice. Just thinking about how mean I was to the women in my life was really starting to get to me. I thought about how cold I was toward Miss Knicks the night before. Then I ignored that thought.

"Actually, no. I just want to say what I have to say and be done with it." She looked timidly at her purse, before opening it and grabbing a few sheets of paper.

I eyed them a bit, but before I could take a good enough look at them, she set them face down on the table. I took a swig of my coffee, before placing it down and looking in her eyes.

"I know that at Jonathan's house, you thought I was there concerning our relations in the past. That's only partially true," She sat very still, very composed. "Connor, I'm moving out to California."