Chapter Three

Chapter 3- She's Moronic (Connor's Perspective)

It was six-forty-two when my supposed "partner" walked through my office. I had been sipping on some coffee, wondering if she would even show up today. It appeared that sadly, she would.

She didn't even make an attempt to look in my direction as she tiredly made her way to her desk. After loudly dropping her things to the floor, she plopped her head onto the wooden surface of the desk and with eyes closed she grumbled, nearly unintelligibly, "Mornin'."

I spent nearly three hours in the gym the day before, ranting to Adam about the situation I was thrust in. He was usually just my closest adviser along with my best friend, but last night he also made a great personal therapist to rant to. Adam wasted no time in agreeing with me fully and also getting angry with Jonathan for his awful business decision.

I went home after that and took an extremely long shower, cursing to the heavens about the aggravation my father was exceptionally good at making me feel. Sleep did not come so easy, but I had to admit that the few hours of sleep I did manage to have did seem to calm me down a bit. Only a bit.

I was still extremely angry with this ultimatum, but my mind was finally clear enough to deal with the situation appropriately. She would soon see that this job was too much for her to handle and quit. My only issue would be dealing with her while she was still here.

"Good morning," I finally said, still watching her lifeless form. To be completely honest, I felt kind of bad for the girl. Mornings were never my strong suit, and it took me years to become accustomed to working early. So I could definitely empathize with her.

"This is hell!" She shot upright, throwing her hands in the air. This Greyson girl was probably the most animated person I had ever met, "Just kill me now and take me out of my misery!" Did I mention that she was also very dramatic?

"I'd be happy to if it were legal." I finished my coffee and set the mug down. The corners of my mouth pulled up a bit in amusement at her pain.

"It's too morning to deal with you right now." She hunched over her desk using her hands to prop up her head.

I surprised myself when I chuckled at the combination of her bad grammar and completely different persona from the day before. I instantly coughed away the laughter, trying to understand why this childishness was even remotely amusing.

"Someone's in a better mood today," She peered over to me, smiling, "So what's on the agenda for today?"

"Well, it's still early but I need to look over some papers before my schedule gets busy," I pulled out the files that were sent to me from people on every floor, "Maybe you can go get yourself some coffee and figure something out for the time being."

"Coffee only messes with the nervous system and stains your teeth. And I don't brush my teeth twice a day, keeping them whiter than snow, just to mess 'em up with that nasty drink. I'll wake up in no time and I'll be back to my usual self, you'll see. However, today I'd like to do some actual work, instead of a whole lot of nothing like yesterday. Maybe I can look over some of those papers of yours. How about that?" She rambled on and on. If I were guessing, I'd say she was already fully awake.

I think I liked her best when she was too tired to function, "You don't have any idea what you'd be looking at. Besides, these are files I personally check in order to ease my own mind. You doing that wouldn't help at all," I looked at my watch, shocked to see it was already five past seven, "Listen if you go off to do something now, I'll give you an actual task later on."

"Fine." She said and actually left. Even though she was obviously reluctant to do so, the fact that she was gone remained and I was able to breathe easy.