Season 1 Episode 1: The Heart of the cards

(Watch Opening)

The opening ends to show someone holding up five oddly designed cards as they hear someone calling out to him.

???: Hey Joey! Earth to Joey! Hey, are you in there? It's your turn.

The scene shows a small boy with strangely large pointy hair sitting across from another boy with blonde hair named Joey, who was looking at his cards trying to figure out what to play.

Joey: Ehh... Hmm...

???: Your lucky these things aren't timed, Joey.

Joey: Shaddup, Jason.

Jason was a tall boy with green eyes and gray hair that reached down to his shoulders, chuckles as he sits in between the two boys while holding a notepad in his hand. Joey continued to look at his cards as another boy wrapped his arm around Joey, putting him in a small headlock.

 Joey continued to look at his cards as another boy wrapped his arm around Joey, putting him in a small headlock

???: Aww, isn't he cute when he's thinking?

Joey: Hey Tristan. Yugi and Jason here's teaching me how to play Duel Monsters.

Tristan: Drooling Monsters?

Irritated, Joey puts his hand on Tristan's face to push him away.

Joey: Duel Monsters, ya nimrod!

Tristan: Sheesh!

Tristan steps away as he stands next to two girls, both with brown hair but one was longer than the other. The two girls were named Tea and Amikou.

Tea: They've been at it for hours. Joey's starting to get the hang of the game, but Yugi and Jason are like experts!

Joey: Okay Yugi, it's time to duel!

Amikou: See, each card has an attack number, and a defence number. First player to eliminate their opponent's Life Points wins the duel.

Joey plays a monster in attack position with 800 ATK, feeling confident in his move as he grins.

Joey: Pretty good move, huh, Yugi?

Yugi: Yup! Pretty good move, but not...

Yugi then plays a monster of his own with 1500 ATK in attack position.