Season 1 Episode 3: Journey to Duelist Kingdom

(Watch Opening)

The opening ends to show the evening sky as Yugi is seen standing on the roof of the school infront of the chain fence. Contemplating about everything that has happened.

Yugi: 'How did I get into this mess? I can't believe that grandpa's actually gone

Yugi: 'How did I get into this mess? I can't believe that grandpa's actually gone. One minute, he's right beside us,
and the next, Pegasus shows up and uses some kind of weird magic to steal his soul away. But why? What could Pegasus possibly want with me? And could it have something to do with my millennium puzzle? Well, I'll get
grandpa back. I'll beat pegasus at his own game...'

The scene changes to show a calm street infront of a bunch of houses. Joey is seen in his apartment as he holds a video tape in his hand.

Joey: Wonder who this is from.

He puts in the tape as the screen plays to show a young girl with long brown hair, sitting in a hospital room.

???: Hey, there, big brother. How have you been? I really miss you.

Joey: Serenity?

Serenity: I can't believe it's been six years since we've seen each other. I'll never forget the day mom took me to live with her. I'm sending you this video Just so you don't forget your little sister's face. It seems like I'm running out of time. I was hoping to see you once more before.... Well, uh, you understand. Bye-bye, brother.

Joey: Run out of time? It can't be.

Serenity: So long. Take care, joey.

The video ends as Joey looks down saddened as he fights back tears.

Joey: Serenity....
_________________________________________

Jason is seen sitting on his bed with his cards in his hands. He shuffles through the cards as he grits his teeth fighting back tears of his own.

Jason: He really took him... Pegasus, that bastard. Solomon Muto was a generous and kind-hearted man, to do such a thing is unspeakable.... I own a lot to Mr. Muto.

*Flashback starts*

Inside the games shop, Solomon is working behind the counter. The door opens revealing Jason walking in by himself.