Slow Burn

The very next morning, Nezuko and Kanao both woke up, surging with energy. They each rushed to get dressed and brush their hair, put in their accessories and hurry into the hallway. 

"Goodmorning!" Nezuko cheerfully grinned.

"Goodmorning!" Kanao blushed.

Nezuko took her hand in her own, and they walked down the stairs to breakfast with one another. They realized that they were the first ones down, and smiled wider for a brief moment.

They sat down at the table while Kanao ate an apple cheerfully, the golden juice dressing her lips. Nezuko spoke happily of things, like spending time with Kanroji-san and Tokito-san on their mission previously. Kanao listened intently to every word. 

Eventually, Kanao placed her hand on top of Nezuko's, and they sat in silence for a few moments, staring at one another in the eyes.

Kanao leaned forward, and Nezuko followed suit, and they kissed once again. It was never going to get old to them- the fireworks in each of their minds, the joy on their lips, or the love in their hearts will never be extinguished. 

"Nezu--"

Kanao and Nezuko almost broke their necks, they turned so fast. 

Tanjiro stood in the doorway in his pajamas, one hand on a crutch and the other severely bandaged. He got over his initial shock and beamed, "EEHK!" He squealed, "Is Kanao going to be my sister in law?! She's an amazing choice, Nezuko! I'm so happy for you both!" He wiped away happy tears, one hand around Nezuko, letting the crutch fall to the ground. 

Nezuko and Kanao slowly looked at each other, red and smiling. They started to laugh, overcoming the embarrassment, and just happy to be together. It had been a slow burn, and a rollercoaster for the both of them, but their love held strong. It felt like a reward to be here now, dating, smiling, and laughing together.