69) Your Voice.

You were setting up your microphone in the middle of town. It was a Sunday, around twelve o'clock, the busiest time. People were pushing past each other and talking and walking in and out of shops but still, there you stood. Confident and tall with your speakers and microphone. You plugged in your mic and net down your busking box. You already attracted the attention of a few passers by and you began to speak.

"Hello everybody! My name is (Y/N) and today I'm going to be doing a few songs for you all! Tips are much appreciated." You turned round and tapped play on your phone as The Vamps, Girls On TV started blaring through the speakers.

"Dear Diary, want to make a new entry. Oh you wouldn't believe me, what began today. Well he called me. Oh that guy from the party, and I thought he should be on TV when I first saw his face! He said 'Alright, what are you doing til daylight?' So I chanced it, I said 'Dancing with you!' He got legs like Beyoncé! Give me the eye like Rihanna, and I wanna put him on camera, 'cause he drives me crazy, crazy, crazy. Don't need no game show! Or a Hollywood movie, pop video. 'Cause as long as he's next to me, I got all the guys on TV!"

A large crowd had begun to gather round you by now and they were clapping and cheering you on. Amongst the sea of people your eyes connected with a pair of soft, chocolate brown others and you looked down to the mouth, seeing a slight smile in the corner of the lips. The person moved further forward in the crowd and you could make out much more of his facial features. He was around the age of 25 but had the most cutest baby face. His dirty blonde hair side swept gently next to those eyes. And that same smile in the corner of his lips. You smiled through your song and once you got to the end, cheers erupted from the crowd. People began throwing pound coins and fivers into your box. Some even a tenner or twenty! The person you'd hade eye contact with earlier was no longer where you first saw him. You looked around and got a fright after finding him standing next to you.

"Hey." He said softly, his Cockney accent taking you by shock.

"Hi..." You reply shyly.

"You are such an amazing singer!"

"Pshhh, I'm not that good?" You flailed your hands slightly making small hand gestures.

"You really are. I sing too a little bit... Also play guitar."

"I love guitar! I've always wanted to learn but I just think my voice will always be stronger." Your eyes connected for a short amount of time and you felt like everyone we around you was silent.

"We could be a duet if you want? I can go grab my guitar." You found this a bit strange but adorable at the same time.

"Okay!" The stranger ran around the corner and writhing minutes, was back with a guitar in hand. He strummed in strongly and you were already impressed. "I'm (Y/N) by the way." You said as you outstretched your hand for him to shake.

"Thomas." He said with a smirk on his face.

"No, what's your full name?" You smiled back and he giggled a little.

"Thomas Brodie-Sangster." Thomas began playing an acoustic version of Stay Strong by Bars And Melody and you instantly fell in love. You loved BAM and Stay Strong meant so much to you because of the lyrics. You sang your heart out as Thomas played his guitar next to you.

"No more pain, no more tears. You don't need to cry no more there's nothing left to fear. No more pain, no more tears. You don't need to lie no more 'cause now you know we're here."

You sang and every now and then would exchange sly looks with Thomas. The crowd around you two grew larger and once you finished the song, even more cheers erupted. One person shouted after the clapping had subdued,

"When's the wedding!" They must've thought you were a couple. You both blushed and one person pulled Thomas away. You could hear faint whispers and managed to make out parts of their conversation.

"Mate..... Go for it........ She..... Sing.... Your guitar and...... Amazing and don't forget pretty......" Thomas leaned up and looked back over towards you.

"We just met and...... I know but..... Think I should?...."

"Go on!" You pretended like you didn't hear anything as Thomas strolled back over.

"So... (Y/N). How about that duet?"

"I'd love to Thomas!"

"I'm not talking about singing by the way." Your face went pale and you saw that little smile once again. Thomas began to lean in as his hand sneaked its way around your back. It rested on the dip in your back and he began to pull you closer, you didn't resist. His smile moulded onto your lips as you connected. People standing around you clapped and cheered. A few wolf whistles were even called out. You pulled away and said to him breathlessly,

"Can we still sing as a duet?"

"Yes love!"

"Yay!" You pecked him lightly and grabbed your microphone, you flew straight into the song Riptide by Vance Joy and Thomas joined in immediately after a few words. People clapped in time and more money flew into your box. You looked at Thomas and smiled largely, you'd finally found your partner.

----- Author's Note x -----

Who found the TFIOS line?! 😏🙋🏼 What's up guys! I just thought I'd give you a quick imagine before I go inactive for a while 😔 I'm sorry but I'm leaving for Spain at 07:00 on a coach with JadeDavies129 ! (Btw go check out her story called 'That's Life' & 'Dylan O'Brien' imagines! She's a proper sick writer and always texts me personal imagines with Thomas 😍👍) That like 27 hours on a stuffy bus 😑 not fun, but it's okay I guess? I went to this same trip in year 7. Anyway, I just thought it'd be nice to leave you with a fresh, new imagine before I go. Don't worry because I will be writing imagines in drafts while I'm away and whenever I get internet I'll be sure to publish them. I just need to watch my data costs because I won't be in the UK anymore. Also I wanna say I'm actually quite proud of this imagine? I don't have a clue where this idea came from either?? I was just listening to Girls On TV before and it literally hit me! So I thought, might as well make that the 'going away present imagine' 😊 but yeah, again I wanna at I'm really sorry but I will be sure to spam when I get back, I'll only have like 3-4 weeks left in school until we break up for summer and most of that is chill time and relaxing so I shouldn't be too busy xxx thanks a bunch for all the incredible support everyone! Oh and also for the 20K! 😆 ily all my fabulous Rememberers! Xxx

----------