3.

"Here sweetie ." She handed a small black box

"She was gonna give you that on Christmas ." She says .

"Why she buy it so early ? Christmas isn't til next month?" I asked opening the box

"She wanted to make sure she got the perfect gift for you ."

When I fully got the box open I gasped and teared up .

It was a heart necklace with a magnet on it . One side of the heart had her initials one side of the heart had mine .

"All she talked about recently was how she couldn't wait to wear that with you and even though she may be gone .." she started tearing up .

"She's still right here ." She pointed to the center of her chest .

"Thankyou Miss Jiminez ." I hugged her and she hugged back very tightly .

"Well I'm gonna go before ma starts to worry ." I told her .

"You didn't eat very much today . Did you wanna stay  for dinner ?" She asked.

"Um no thanks . I've been having a very hard time eating lately ." I told her .

"Well I'll see you later ." She said giving me another hug .

"I'll see you later ." I told her .

I left and headed home .

As soon as I got home fox 5 news was playing in the background and my mom was standing in the living room .

"Where have you been young lady ?" My mom asked angrily .

"Ma I told you I was stopping by Miss Jiminez's house ." I said sitting down watching the news.

"You know I don't know that like like that you could've called ." She said .

"With what phone ?"I asked .

"Right yours is still missing ... You could've used one of theirs." She said .

"What's this ?" I tuned her out turning up the Tv .

It's been 2 weeks since the death of Navaeh Jimenez our sources are telling us more of what went on the tragic night of her death .

"You Know what they say bullets don't know where to go . Bullets don't have a name . We were just in the party chillin then some dudes got to fighting. She was just a innocent bystander ." A witness said .

The suspect who's identity have been protected because he's a minor has been taken to jail and charged with illegal pistol possession . Our sources tell us they can not fully charge him of the murder at this time due to the self defense claim .

"WHAT THE FUCK ?! " I yelled angrily .

"Y/N . LANGUAGE !!" My mom yelled .

"That's bullsh- bull crap I'm sorry ma . It doesn't make no sense why are they protecting his identity ? Why is he not getting charged for a whole murder ? HE TOOK A WHOLE LIFE !" I yelled throwing the pillow off the couch .

"Y/N !STOP THROWIN THINGS !"My mom yelled .

"I bet not ever see that nigga . Imma fuckin KILL HIM MYSELF !" I yelled .

"Y/n I taught you better than to cuss in my house ?"

"That's all you care about ?Me cussing ? Ma how come you're not trying to comfort me like a real mother ? DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW I FEEL ?!" I yelled emotionally.

"You better watch that tone young lady ." She said pointing her finger in my face .

I felt my adrenaline rushing and I knew this situation was gonna end well if I stayed .

"Fuck you ." I said storming out of the house .

As soon as I did tears started rushing down my face .

I can't believe those words even came out my mouth .

It was cold outside and I had no clue where I was gonna go .

I had no phone , no shelter .

No nothing .

To keep from freezing to death I started walking .

I didn't get too far when Darrian drove by slowly .

"Y/N ? WHAT YOU DOIN OUT HERE I THOUGHT YOU WAS GOIN HOME ?" He yelled out the window .

I looked up at him and I could tell he read my emotions .

He pulled over to the side of the road .

"AYO MH GET IN !" He yelled out the window unlocking the doors .

As soon as I got in the car he looked at me with a concerned look .

"You okay ?" He asked .

I just lost it .

I started punching the dashboard angrily .

"Y/n Y/N STOP YOU GONNA HURT YA SELF ! " He said .

"I don't care . I DONT CARE !" I screamed in distress .

"Tell me what's wrong mh ." He said .

"I was watching the news and Vaeh story came on and they not even charging the nigga for her death . Then my ma started sayin irrelevant shit and I left.

"I don't know where imma go. I don't wanna be round here nomore ." I said .

I started sobbing .

He held me in his arms while I cried like a baby .

"Look it's gone be ight . I'm here for you . I'm here." He said patting me on the back .

"Look imma take you to my house mh . You can stay with us ." He told me .