The story deepens

{Percy's POV}

Jason and I walked out the door and started the trek to the Big House.

I was nervous because I would have to explain to Jason the reason for my passing out but at the same time at least he would be able to understand some of my weird ways.

"Chiron?" I called out when we walked in.

"In here my boy."

I pulled Jason into the war room where Chiron was sitting in his wheelchair form.

"Uh, hey." I gave a shy wave and sat down again pulling Jase down with me.

"Why so shy?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"It's certainly not an easy topic is it now?" I said getting a bit defensive.

"Hey, Perce. Calm down, what's going on?" Jason grabbed my hands to stop my fidgeting. 

Chiron took over from here.

"Percy has had a very difficult past and it's been that way for long before he came to camp, Percy?" He paused.

"Mhm?" I looked up from Jason's hand holding mine in a comforting gesture.

"Do you want to step outside? I don't want to risk you getting triggered for a second time in two hours."

"Huh, oh sure Chiron."

I walked out the door and went to the arena hoping to spar. 

All was good for about 10 minutes until a certain someone walked in.

Annabeth.

"Well look who it is..." She drawled at me making me shiver in response.

"What do you want Annabeth?" I said through gritted teeth.

"To spar, what else?" She put on a fake smile 

I felt as though I was being watched, but I shrugged it off and got ready to fight.

So we got into our stances and began to fight. And after a good five minutes, I finally swept her leg and pinned her down. It shouldn't have been that easy so I knew she had a plan and reason for letting me beat her. 

"Good fight," I said while helping her up.

"Yeah...Say, Percy? How are you feeling?" She planning something.

I know it.

"I'm fine why do you ask?"

"Well since our little talk." She was putting on that fake attitude again.

"You know what Annabeth, whatever you're trying to do here, it's not gonna work! You can't affect me." I was losing patience with her. I just wanted to go back to Jase.

"Oh, I know. I know that I can't hurt you, but he can...And I know exactly how he does." She walked closer with each word lowering her voice until she was whispering in my ear.

My breath hitched.

My vision went blurry.

My knees buckled.

I looked at the smirk on her face, oh, so that was her plan. 

Scare me.

Make me look weak.