4.24| CONFIDENCE

Now playing
Confidence by Ocean Alley

"Don't you think it's a tad ironic that we chose this place as our shelter because of the high walls," Tyler mentioned while refilling the water dispenser that they kept in the main bus. "Yet now we have to fortify those walls?"

"Yeah, well you can't exactly predict a, maybe seven-foot, monster could climb up at a steep, thirteen-foot concrete wall." Elaine said tying her shoes, her jaw tightening as her pulled tightly against the laces.

"You pull any harder on those, they're gonna snap." Aiden leaned over her seat with his lips pressed together in a tight smile.

The ravenette's fist raised up, punching him lightly in between his eyes.

"Ow."

•••

Tyler was swept to the floor by the legs, a sharp groan erupted from his throat when he hit the mat. Ashlyn's dad, Mike, helped him off the ground and onto his feet.

"Alright Logan, you're next."

Logan and Tyler went to switch places as the sound of Aiden wheezing for air from the wind getting knocked out of him filled the area.

"Knocked the pride right out of 'em." Wade said somewhat cheerfully, helping the blond up to catch his breath.

"Dad, we're here to train them. Not kill them." Elaine chuckled, sitting next to Ashlyn on the stacks of tires. The redhead let out a short, breathy laugh.

The raven haired man had a small smile on his lips, "You learn one way or another."

"You two are brutal.." The blond whispered loudly, rubbing the small of his back from the pain. "I wonder what your mom's like. Jesus Christ." He walked over to where Taylor was.

Elaine's smile fell at the mention of the woman. Ashlyn noticed but didn't say anything, a small sigh escaping her lips.