5.34| BAD THINGS

NOW PLAYING
Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly, Camila Cabello

Aiden leaned his head against the cold glass of the car window, stuck in his thoughts. It's not like he needed to speak, no one was saying a word. Especially since the situation they just got out of at the arcade.

I wonder what she's thinking about. He turned his head slightly, looking over to the ravenette next to him. Her eyes were shut but he knew she wasn't asleep, because her fingers her tapping against the palm if her opposite hand.

Knowing her fidget habits don't lead to good thoughts, he went to reach over but stopped himself. Physical touch. She hates that. He placed his hand back into his lap, picking at his nails and looking put the window. Rules never stopped him before, why was he stopping now?

Elaine's leg started to bounce, her finger tips hitting the flesh filled skin of her palm repeatedly. The blond looked back to the girl, taking in the structure of her face. The way her eyebrows creased when confused. The way her lips curved ever so slightly when she genuinely smiled. The way the few freckles on her cheeks looked like Connect The Dots at some angles. The ways her eyes glimmered when she was doing something she liked.

His eyes glanced down at the shaking hands on her wrists, as if it was freezing cold and there was no warmth. Wanting to be that warmth to her cold, he slid his hand in between hers, fingers interlocked into hers.

Elaine turned her head the other direction, her eyes still shut. Their hands together, Aiden's eyes not turning away from it.

•••

"So you think the phantom dimension is influencing us?" Tyler's arms crossed, leaning back in the bus seat, next to his sister.

Ashlyn laid her head in her hand, that was propped up on her knee. "Not only, but... I think we're also impacting the real world as well." They fell into an uncomfortable silence, 'till it was cut by the twin girl.

"What...what do we do?"

•••

Elaine pulled the cupcakes out of the oven, and started piping the cupcakes and put them in a Tupperware container. "Cupcakes ready." She walked outside to her dad.

"Whose birthday is this again?" Wade asked, checking for wrinkles in the shirt he was wearing.

The girl handed him the Tupperware, "Um, Ben's little sister. Aiden's cousin." She simplified, locking the door. The man nodded, opening the plastic container, grabbing one of the cupcakes. "Dad, really?" She took the container away, a small smile on her lips.

Mouth full, "This is really good." He laughed and went down the steps, Elaine behind him, walking across the street to the graveyard. "Also, why is the party at the graveyard?" His hands in his pockets.

"Mike's idea."