6.37| EAST COAST

NOW PLAYING
East Coast by Alex G

Wade and Mike stood together, speaking to the Hernandez mother; both men ignoring the ravenette woman trying to fit in with the unknown group.

"M-mom!" Taylor shouted to the woman, "Look, a bunny!" She diverted her mother from saying more about the twin's father.

A small white rabbit with red eyes sat in the dirt, eating grass. "...I want to pet it." Lily said, holding onto her brother's shirt.

Imminently, Aiden started sprinting after the fluffy animal, who ran away from him. Two sets of feet appeared in its tracks, looming over it with a threatening glare in their eyes. Elaine knelt down, picking up the rabbit and handed it to her red-haired friend who held it out to the small brunette.

- - -

All the adults surrounded the fire talking about their kids, the teens doing their own thing. Ashlyn sitting on a pile of cement bricks. The twins on stacked up tires. Logan, Ben, and Lily playing cards. Aiden laying on a car. Elaine sat on top of one of the buses.

"Do they not realize that it's almost midnight?" The male twin spoke annoyed.

"Then I guess we should go for Plan B." Elaine groaned, falling down from the bus onto the car.

- - -

The time counted down, getting closer and closer to midnight. The twins sat together. Aiden propping his legs on his cousin. Logan curled up in a tire. Elaine sat next to Ashlyn; her feet propped next to the blond's head.

BEEP!

The world shifted into the phantom realm when Logan's watch went off.

"So, you've decided whose going on the bike with you?" Ashlyn asked the ravenette who was holding the extra helmet.

She nodded, "Think fast." She threw the helmet to the red eyed boy before putting on her own, cranking up the motorcycle. 

"Wait, really?" He jumped up, pulling the helmet over his head.

"You both have your walkie-talkies? Tyler asked, they nodded: both of them now sitting on the bike. 

Elaine pulled the visor up, "there's a Bluetooth in the helmets so we can speak to each other if needed." she said to the boy sitting behind her.

The other five rounded up into the Jeep, Ashlyn rolled down the window, "Close the gate after we're out and get out before it's fully shut."

Elaine gave her a thumbs up before pulling up to the button, Aiden's arms wrapped around her.