4.26| MOONLIGHT

Now playing
Moonlight by Chase Atlantic

Finally. We're done. The seven teenagers sat at the top of the wall. All wearing black, industrial bodysuits that were ordered by Aiden, along with light fixtures.

The lights arrived about a week ago, along with the suits — that he bought on a whim — The lights have been charging at Aiden's house while we put them up on the wall in the phantom dimension.

There still a major problem. A crowd of phantoms stood about twenty feet away from the wall, not wanting to hit the light.

It's true that phantoms try to avoid light at all costs— however, they have turned into a large neon sign, pointing right where we are.

Not only that, but the light doesn't kill them, it only seems to make them lose hold on the form they have. Fire works though. Fire has seemed to be able to melt the sludge apart and destroy it until it's almost gone. But when their burned, they screech like coyote at night. The downside is that we only have little access to firearms at the moment.

"Alright, let's go over the plan one more time." Ashlyn said, standing with her arms crossed as everyone climbed down the ladder, that was leaning against the bus.

Tyler was already down with his machete laying against his shoulder. Taylor was holding the ladder in place so Logan could climb down. Aiden jumped from the top of the bus, making Ben stumble. Elaine dropped down from the wall, her tool belt clanking lowly, her hammer hitting her hatchet that hung from the leather belt.

"..um-" The brunette girl cut in, "Are we uh- are we sure that we want to do this?" Her voice wavered as she spoke.

"...What?"

"I mean- y'know, m-maybe just staying in the graveyard every night wouldn't be.. so bad, right?" She asked nervously. "The lights are up now.. couldn't we just stay till the seven hours are up?"

The peach brunette was at the bottom of the ladder, "I-I like that idea..."

"You're not serious." The sound of the ravenette made the blond cover his mouth at the comment, with a slight oop sound. "You can't be." Her feet dangled off the side of the broken down vehicle. "I thought you guys wanted to get out of here? Because I sure as hell do."

The redhead's sage eyes peered up at the laidback girl. "She's right, and now you're saying you don't mind being trapped here for the rest of our lives?" She looked back to the other girl.

"Tyler." The hazel eyed girl caught the quiet male's attention, "What's got you all "shhh, don't talk to me. I'm having my moment." Because it's getting weird. Shout, yell, something!" She spoke in a whispery-mocking manner, leaning back on the palms of her hands.

"Yeah, aren't you the guy who pitched a hissy fit about going to Savannah?" Aiden joined in, wanting to mock as-well, a smile set on his lips.

"That was before we knew about the lights, and before the fire, and before there was a hoard of those fucking monsters right outside the damn door!" Tyler's voice raised. Leaving Elaine content with successfully pissing off the boy, a thin smile replaced the usual scowl.

Aiden's burgundy eyes peaked up at the girl, noticing the smile, his eyes softened slightly and the smile of his own calmed.

Headlight. Flashlight. Walkie-talkie. Spare weapon, hatchet. Other spare weapon, hammer. Main weapon, crowbar. Elaine rechecked over the equipment, gripping the crowbar.

"Oh! It's Killies!" Aiden shouted, pointing down at Ashlyn's shoes that had pocket knife blades in the front end and back end of the other.

"Don't call them that." Ashlyn groaned, crossing her arms and her head down. "Hey um, before we go- I just wanted to apologize for the way I snapped at you guys." She glanced up to the group.

Taylor and Ben stood together. Aiden sat on the stacked mini fridges, laying his head on the pickaxe. Logan leaned against the weapon wall. Tyler stood with his machete, still, slung over his shoulder. Elaine slumped against the side door of the bus.

"It's okay now, don't worry. Tyler has his moments." Taylor apologized for her brother's actions.

"You mean everyday?" Eliane grinned, her hands behind her neck.

"Excuse me?!"