6.36| FADE INTO YOU

HER FIT: https://pin.it/KdW17hDxf

NOW PLAYING
Fade Into You By Mazzy Star

Elaine sat on one of the dining room chairs, Tupperware in her lap, in the Banner home, scrolling through Instagram. "That looks good." The soft voice of the redhead next to her complemented, pointing to her eyebrow piercing.

"Thanks." The ravenette half-smiled in return.

"Okay-" Emma shut the cooler lid, "I think the cooler is ready." She said tiredly, laying on the blue box.

KNOCK KNOCK

"I'll get it." Mike spoke, placing down the paper plates and went to answer the door.

"Hey!" Wade whisper-yelled across the table, "Gummy Bear!" She looked up from her phone. "You're going to have to help me remember who's who." The girl nodded, remembering how bad her dad is with names.

"Hey, Mike!" A new voice spoke. "We brought some Mac and Cheese." The cheery voice of Aiden's mother traveled into the room, gaining everyone's attention.

"Awesome! Come inside and you can just place it on the table." Ashlyn's dad opened the door fully, letting in the family.

"The two who are talking to Mike are Ben's parents. Dunno their names." Elaine whispered to her dad, to which he nodded and stood up.

"Wade, meet Naomi and William." Mike introduced. "Ben's parents."

"Nice to meet you." The raven-haired man smiled, shaking their hands.

"Good to meet you, Wade." William spoke. He turned slightly to the teenagers behind him, "This is Lily."

"Who are they?" The small brunette asked, pointing to the girls helping at the table.

"That's Ash and Laine." Aiden answered. Wade's and Mike's eyebrows rose at the nicknames.

---

When the party was set up in the graveyard, Elaine was sitting on a grass patch when she received a message from the last person she wanted.

MOTHER DEAREST

Hey sweetie.

The girl rolled her hazel eyes, ignoring the message and turning off the device. "Laine!" She looked up, "Tay and Tye are here!" She stood up when the blond was running her direction.

A soft laugh left her mouth when he accidentally ran into her, pushing her back lightly. "Chill, 'ya moron." Without knowing, her ears turned red, and her cheeks had a rosy tint.

"Also," The boy went serious, "There's a woman here that is looking for you. She looks like your mom." His voice hushed when he looked down at the girl, whose smile was gone.

"What?" She said in a bitter voice. The same voice that Aiden recognized as the one she used when she first met him.

"Elaine, sweetie. Come hug tour mother!" The tan woman held out her arms, expecting a hug. All eyes were on them, none knowing what was going to happen. Usually, a daughter would hug her mother but that wasn't the case. Elaine walked past the woman, pushing her arm and finding her way to the twins, greeting them. The blue-eyed woman scoffed and went to her ex-husband.

"What is with her?" Her arms crossed over her chest, "I told you to work on that attitude of hers." She whispered to not gain unwanted attention.

The man huffed and glared down at the woman, "She only has an attitude when you're around." He said bitterly. "Learn to know your place in her life. You're the last person she wants to see. Let alone hug. You made this choice. Now live in it or leave. Have a nice night, Caroline." He walked away and greeted the Hernandez mother with a smile, as if nothing happened.