Chapter Three: Time For Food

Gregory bristled and took off in a sprint past a huge pillar with a wrap-around, dark TV. Shutters decorated with winking Freddy faces slid over the doors. "No. No! Wait! I'm still here!" He slowed to a stop as he got to the sealed exit and sighed. "Now what am I supposed to do?"

Beep! He tapped his glasses. [Aw, it wouldn't let you through? Well, there's another way. The doors open at six am, so you should be able to get out then.]

Beep! [Until then, keep moving and try not to draw too much attention to yourself. If we find another way, I'll help you. Promise.] Gregory re-read the message before minimizing it. He had Monty on his side. He shouldn't worry too much, right?

Great. Ticket stands. He'd only gotten through because of dumb luck last time. There wasn't any teen to recognize a poor teen employee this time. Pass? Oh, something like a ticket into the Mega Pizzaplex, maybe?

Beep! [Good job, kid! You got into the lobby! Unfortunately, that ticket doesn't let you into the Pizzeria. Look in Customer Service; there's an upgrade machine in there.]

A faintly humanoid robot rolled around on two combined wheels, one robotic arm held up with an embedded flashlight, big block sensors with a robber mask painted around it on its face shadowed by a security cap. Aside from the hat and flashlight, it was identical to the ones in the utility tunnels and the one that took his party pass. It rolled back and forth, searching the rather small area. But worse than the creepy robot was the white, pink, and green shape that lumbered around the fountain. Thankfully, Chica's back faced him, and her head pointed away.

She stopped and turned to her left. "Monty?" She stepped away from the stairs. Gregory let out a quiet breath and looked into the building beside himself. To his right, "Glamrock Gifts" inside two circles with lightning bolts glowed in neon on the shop window. Across from him, on the second-story wall next to the balcony, was "Faz pad" glowing in yellow neon. More than likely, he was going to go right.

The first story's centerpiece facing the counter was something about a... mystery prize, maybe? There were a lot of question marks and a box with a crank flanked by the daycare attendant plushies. Well, the last two gave him passes. Maybe this one was a mystery prize that happened to be a ticket into the Pizzaplex.

He popped open the box and plucked the "prize" out, only to find–

"It's a crappy Mr. Hippo fridge magnet? Lame."

Beep! [Oh, sorry about that, kid. Maybe next time.]

Well, he wasn't here for the mystery prize, anyway. He was here for the tickets. So, the desk must be under the Fazpad.

He descended a couple of flights of stairs, the stairwells completely unlit and thus he needed to keep his hand on the wall to keep from falling.

Immediately after opening the door, he found a machine to the far right with a big screen on its face behind a counter. A few neon lights lit up the area, but they were scarce. He walked up to the machine and glanced at the wall beside it, where a warning to keep magnets away from the machine was stuck onto the wall beside it. The immediate desire to slap his new magnet onto the machine was balanced by the need to get a new pass. If he broke the machine, it might not give him a new pass, after all.

A screen with bear ears on top said, "UPGRADE YOUR FULL ACCESS PASS!" while the screen on the machine had the same light blue background but switched between a little chubby blue-pink-and-white bear with dialogue and the same bear with a barcode beside it. He fed the pass into the slot next to the number pad and looked at the screen. The screen stayed with the little bear saying its name and offering to help. Gregory huffed. "It ate my pass!"