Chapter Thirteen: Kindly Stop

"You're actually Sun?!" Gregory squawked, backing away from the Daycare Attendant as it turned to him and crept forward. Lights were off in the Daycare, and the once glowing clouds were dark, allowing the stars behind them to glow. The sun had fallen below the castle at the front and the crescent moon rose.

"Naughty boy, naughty boy. It's past your bedtime, long, long since. You have been messing with time."

Gregory backed into the double doors. His headache had passed. Cowardly rabbit. She was probably scared of him, too. For good reason.

He darted behind the security desk.

Moon hissed and chased him but did not follow him into the off-limits area. "Kids are not allowed behind the security desk!"

Gregory called, "Make me!"

The Daycare Attendant growled and stalked back and forth in front of the desk.

Gregory looked at the desk and found the Freddy head contraption with a security cap. He pressed its nose. It opened enough for him to snatch the security card. A flashlight–a real, powerful flashlight–was stuck on a charger on the wall. He immediately swiped it. On the wall was the light switch–a colorful switch with a sun painted on top and a moon on the bottom rather than an "ON/OFF" label. Duct tape across the middle of the "sun" switch, partially covering the image, had torn off the wall having once been presumably firmly plastered to it. Yikes.

He tried pressing the sun switch.

Click.

Nothing, not even a spark or fizzle of a lightbulb, came in answer.

Beep! [Gregory? The lights are off in the Daycare? If you need to turn them on, there are generators in the room off the Naptime room.]

Generators in the naptime room, got it.

Beep! [Hey, New Friend? Do you hear me?]

Gregory's eyes went wide. "You're not Chica."

Beep! [There's a generator in a cabinet by the fridge. Turn it on!]

Gregory scowled at Moon as the blue Daycare Attendant stalked back and forth, glowing red eyes not once leaving him like a hungry cat. "I'm not trusting you."

Beep! [That is fair. But please, you need to turn the lights on! He doesn't want to hurt you. But his security mode is... out of sorts.]

Gregory growled and spat. This is stupid! I can't trust him!

"What else can you do? Look, you remember what happened with Roxy in the security room. If Moon gets you, it might be the same thing. You'll just come right back. So, trust him this once. I'll think of something else in the meantime."

Fine. Gregory waited for Moon to get to the very right side of the desk before darting out the left side and around the closest play structure.

He looked back. Moon was strangely much slower than Sun, moving at a creep rather than using long strides that utilized his long legs. He vanished completely when Gregory got between the play structure and the wall. Still, the boy wouldn't question it. Instead, he ran to the cabinet beside the fridge and tried to open it.

Click.

He swiped his security card over it. It opened for him, revealing an inactive generator. He pulled the switch up and shut the door. One of the lights in the play place blazed, a single spotlight in the dark.

Beep! [Good job! That's the first one down! Four more to go!]

Gregory looked both ways. Where was Moon? He couldn't afford to run into–