Chapter Twelve: Bright Memories

The intercom stated, "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for visiting and we hope you enjoyed the show! Have an awesome night, and we'll see you again soon!"

Gregory looked over his dark, sparkly surroundings. The lights above were dark, and the neon lights of the gang's faces and various symbols didn't spread much multicolor light very far. A couple of wet floor sign bots with glowing circle eyes watched him at the end of the hall by a set of closed shutters, giving him a warning of where to stop. The light spilling out from Chica, Monty, Roxy, and Freddy's rooms was enough to light his immediate path. He clicked the back of his cupcake. Its eyes glowed, giving about as much light as the maintenance light in Monty's maintenance room, but less concentrated.

Ah, this wasn't going to get annoying fast.

Gregory approached Chica's door. He decided to click off the light. It needed to cycle through the purple light before shutting off. Something flashed on the door as he did so. Gregory raised his eyebrows. He clicked on the cupcake light and then the UV light. Glowing in UV light on the door was a simply drawn rabbit's head with a small triangle warning sign above the head and the ears crossed out.

"...that's the white rabbit's, isn't it?"

When did she draw this, though?

"Hopefully not tonight."

Gregory tried to open the door. Click. "The stupid door won't open."

"Oh?" Chica asked. "You'll need a Photo Pass. I'm sorry, I thought you already had one. Well, the convenience counters always have them!"

Just like with Monty's door. Memories crept back into his mind as he walked back into the hall. He walked past glass cases set on pedestals protecting various ancient artifacts of the long gone. The outline of a star-shaped guitar from one of the old rockstars in a case near the door was lit up by Chica's room, as was a cupcake almost directly in front of it, and then a huge, stepped pedestal holding a golden statue of Chica lined with fake fronds. Monty's room glowed with pale green light, detailing the fake fronds and minigolf memorabilia within his green room. Monty stood with his fingers tangled in a complex web of string, carefully twitching and moving his fingers and hands to continue the design. Torn string lay in front of his feet. Before the violet curtains of Roxy's green room was another red guitar, presumably from a rockstar animatronic. Roxy herself stood in front of her glowing star-shaped vanity in her spotless, mechanics-covered room playing with her mane and tail.

Then there was Freddy, the star of the show, in a bear-themed room with child drawings pinned on his wall, his green room exposed by the red curtains drawn and tied to the ends. He stood in the middle of his room, looking at a bowling ball. Freddy's body remained still in his pose and his head rotated to the side. Gregory stopped behind one of the pedestals holding a glass case of something or other. Freddy stared in his direction for an uncomfortably long amount of time before his ear twitched and his head went back to his bowling ball. Gregory still didn't trust that he was looking at the bowling ball and he hurried his pace.

Gregory stared ahead at the dark, checkerboard-trimmed shutters. He ducked under them as they opened a couple of feet, but no further. TVs attached to pillars held up the ceiling in equal intervals down the hall, connected by red couches and potted plants. The first two pillars had nothing connecting them, allowing for a huge, open space and winding pale tile to weave around the space-patterned carpet. More decorations covered the walls, but the light emitting from Rockstar Row was too faint to properly see them. He clicked on his cupcake light, and then for curiosity's sake clicked it again for the UV part. Nothing purple glowed, so he went back to the light.

Gregory stepped forward, transferred the light to his hand holding Bonnie, and grabbed the pass from the present against the far wall.

He ducked under the shutters and clicked his cupcake light so it turned into a UV light. At this angle, Freddy wouldn't be able to see him. So as long as he was quiet, and the bear was like Monty and Chica and couldn't get through his door, he could check Freddy's door.