Scared

I was praying the plan had worked. It had to. It felt so real, I almost felt like it really did happen.

After driving for a few hours out of Boston, I met up with the team. The driving allowed me time to think, time to get my priorities straight. We all were staying in the same apartment complex, but different rooms.

The 'meeting' was in Sophie and Nate's room.

Eliot immediately brought me in for a tight hug and kissed my nose. One arm was around my waist and the other hand rubbed my stomach.

"You're making me feel fat, Eliot. Stop it." I chuckled a little, smacking his chest.

"Skylar!" Parker shouted, angrily stomping towards me.

"Shit." I mumbled and gave her a smile. "Hey sweets. What's up?"

"When you were yelling at him, you said Parker of all people. What is that suppose to mean?" Parker crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at me.

"It means that you are a very special person." I patted her arm. "You're too cool for the team."

"That's what I've been telling everyone." Her 'mean' side went away and she was smiling while fiddling with a taser.

"Please let me take that." I gently pried the taser out of her hands while Eliot sighed.

"I told you not to touch those things!" Eliot complained. "Last time you had one of those things, you tased me."

"Did you really!" My eyes widened with excitement as I looked to Parker. "That sounds like-" I cut myself off with a high pitch squeak type thing. Eliot pinched my ass. I turned to him with raised eyebrows and crossed my arms. "Did you just grab my ass, Eliot?"

"Maybe I did." Eliot stuck his tongue out. I smacked his chest and pinched his arm. "Ouch! Quit it, Skye!" He swatted my hand away, which only made me want to pinch him even more. "Ouch! Skye, fucking quit!"

"Okay, children. Please quit." Nate said as he walked into the room with Sophie behind him.

"How was Lacey when you dropped her off?" Sophie asked as she sat at the island bar on a stool. I got up on to the counter and sat criss cross.

"Hysterical. She was crying so much and telling me that Eliot was too good of a guy to cheat on me and I told her I never took a pregnancy test so she was even more upset about that and I'm kind of hoping that this works so I can take her back." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"The poor kid's probably wondering why everything's happening so sudden." Hardison said.

"I know but if I would've told her about the plan, then her reactions wouldn't be real and she's not a very good liar."

"She just needed to be out of Damien's reach. If he wanted to, yes he could get her from your home but he's not going to because Hardison tipped the local police off and told them that there was a bunch of drug tradings happening there." Nate leaned against the counter, looking to me.

"You guys don't even know how thankful I am that you're helping." I took Eliot's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"You're family, Skye. We help our family." Parker gave me a light smile, leaning into Hardison's shoulder.

"But you guys could get hurt because of this. We aren't talking about some low key CEO asshole who takes things from the homeless or something. This is Damien Moreau. It's the six of us against his thousands of dollars and his many, many hit men."

"Numbers don't matter." Nate shrugged his shoulders. "We've got the best conmen in the world right here. We don't need hit men and we don't need money. We've got a hacker, two hitters, a grifter, and a theft."

"We wouldn't be anywhere without you. You're the mastermind." Sophie said, taking ahold of Nate's hand.

"She's pregnant. I'm not letting her fight anyone." Eliot side glanced at me, waiting for my reaction, before he looked back to Nate.

"And that's understandable." Nate agreed.

"Whoa, wait! I'm not sitting around on my ass and catching while all of you put your lives on the line for me." I got off the counter and looked up at Eliot.

"You're pregnant, Skylar. You can't do much of what I have do." Eliot crossed his arms as he looked down at me.

"And who's fault would that be, Mr. Spencer?" I crossed my arms and looked up at him, raising my eyebrows. "Cause I sure as hell didn't climb on too of myself-"

"Okay!" Nate cut me off.

"Ya'll nasty. I didn't need to hear those words leave your mouth." Hardison muttered.

"Shut up and play with your warlock friends, Hardison." I couldn't help but laugh at his reaction.

"Man, screw all y'all."

"So what are we doing now?" I asked Nate, deciding it was probably time to be an adult.

"It's almost ten so I think we should get to bed. Some of us'll need to be up bright and early tomorrow." Nate replied.

•*•*•

My room that I'd be sharing with Eliot was up three floors from Nate and Sophie's room, and eight floors down from Hardison and Parker's room.

I went straight to the bathroom to change. I put on a pair of sweats and a tank top before going back out to the bedroom. Eliot was talking to Nate about something and I didn't think I wanted to know what they were taking about.

I laid in the bed on my back, pulling my shirt up to look at the small curve of my stomach.

"I can't believe I'm having another one." I mumbled. A figure appeared in the doorway, driving my attention to him. His soft blue eyes examined my face before they went to my stomach.

"What do you think it is?" Eliot asked softly as he closed the bedroom door.

"I'm feeling its a..." I closed my eyes, gently rubbing circles into my stomach. "Another girl." A sigh left my lips as Eliot got into bed next to me.

"Are you scared?"

"Scared of what?" I repeated, throwing my leg over his waist.

"Having another girl?"

"Yeah." I admitted, pushing my face into his shoulder. "I'm so scared, Eliot."

And that was the truth. I wasn't scared just about having the baby, I was scared about what would happen to my new family. I didn't know what was going to happen in the next few days.

Damien could know about our plan and just kill us off, one by one. Or it could be a complete surprise for him when I end up putting a bullet through his forehead.

Honestly guys. I'm not sure how many more chapters this story will have. I know I have to wrap it up soon cause I'm hitting that point but I'll let you know when I get closer to that point in time!!

Vote and comment!!

<3 Kacey <3