On It

{I love this picture for some odd reason^^^ But it has nothing to do with the chapter}.

I was up, yet again. Tomorrow would be the day we went through completely with the plan.

I couldn't sleep. Eliot was sleeping better than me and he rarely slept too.

I stood in my bathroom with two loaded guns on the counter.

I was dressed in dark skinny jeans and a black hoodie. My hair was crappy braided to the side and my shaky hands held the counter.

Should I go through with the plan and let the team help me? Or should I do it by myself? Go in and shoot anyone who gets in my way, shoot Damien right between his eyes and walk out...

"Is the risk worth taking?" I barely whispered. "Losing my life and my baby in replace of the possibility of losing my family?"

No. Eliot would be devastated and so would the team... But it would rid the whole world of Damien Moreau and his ways.

I squeezed my eyes shut, traitor tears running down my cheeks.

This was so hard. Why did I have to get attached to them in the first place?

I clutched the edge of the counter tightly in my hands, looking at myself in the mirror.

I was a mess. But I didn't care.

I looked back down at the sink, my eyes flickering to the two guns on the counter.

I took a deep breath and picked the first one up. I put it in the back waist band of my jeans and put the other in my hoodie pocket.

I silently went into my bedroom and took the pocket knife out of the top drawer on my dresser. I put it in my pocket and looked at Eliot. He looked so peaceful when he slept.

I softly smiled and left.

The apartment door quietly shut behind me. I made my way to the elevator, pressing the ground floor button.

I nervously tapped my fingers on my thigh as I waited, watching the numbers go down.

Once they opened, I saw three men in dark suits coming towards the elevator. One reached into his jacket and pulled out a gun. I quickly pulled my own gun out and moved to stand where they couldn't see me or hit me.

I pressed the up button repeatedly, cursing the slowness. I peeked around the corner and the man fired, hitting the wall behind me.

"Close shot, asshole." I mumbled and shot him twice.

The doors finally closed but once they got to the sixth floor, they stopped and the doors wouldn't open.

Someone hacked into the system and it wasn't Hardison. I looked up to the top of the elevator and saw it had a little door thing.

I shot the lock and jumped, finding it slightly hard to pull myself up without putting much pressure on my stomach.

Just then, the elevator doors opened. I waited for the men of Damien's to get into the elevator before I shot them. I then jumped back down and stepped over their bodies. I pressed the twelfth floor button and just prayed the doors wouldn't open on other floors so no one else would see me with two dead guys in the elevator.

The doors opened on the twelfth floor and I sprinted to my room, using my shoulder to bust the door open since I didn't have a card.

"Eliot!" I ran into the bedroom, shaking him awake. "Eliot, they're here!"

"Who?" He jumped out of bed and took the gun from me. He could tell from my panicked state that I wasn't joking or anything.

"Damien." I panted.

"Call Nate and Hardison." Eliot quickly got dressed before leaving the bedroom. "Follow me, Skylar!"

I did as told and followed him while calling Nate.

"What the hell are you doing up so early, Skye-?"

"Nate, Damien's here." I spoke urgently, following Eliot out of our room.

"How do you know?"

Eliot pushed me back into the room after someone started shooting at him.

"I was going to go after Damien by myself and-and I saw them in the lobby." I pulled at my hair, nervously watching as Eliot shot at the men.

"I'll call Hardison. You be careful."

"You too, Nate." I hung up and tucked the phone in my pocket. I took the earbud out of my pocket and put it in my ear.

"Damn. Why would they come at like three in the mornin?" Hardison yawned.

"I don't know but get to fucking work, Hardison. We've got people everywhere in the building." Eliot said, putting an arm around my waist.

"I'm setting off the fire alarms. You guys stay where you are." Hardison said.

Just then, someone busted in through the window in our room.

"Not an option!" I shouted as Eliot took my hand and pulled me down the hallway. The alarm went off and people crowded out of their rooms.

Eliot's fingers slipped from mine in the crowd, they were pushing me the opposite way of where I was suppose to be going.

"Move!" Eliot pushed by people with his shoulder, trying to get to me.

A rough hand came down on my shoulder and I turned to see a man holding a gun to my head. I panicked and kicked him where it counted. I then hit his face with my knee and took the gun from him.

"Run." Eliot whispered in my ear as he passed me.

"On it." I muttered and started running after him.

So I got some news guys!!! This is probably the third to last chapter not including the epilogue! There's going to be at least two more chapters and them there's going to be an epilogue and I wish I could tell you what would happen but sadly I can't.

I apologize for not updating but I'm seriously having worst and worst headaches. :/

Vote and comment!!

<3 Kacey <3