For My Baby

"Skylar? We need to talk." Lacey pulled me out to the balcony. I glanced back to Eliot, meeting his blue eyes as Noel giggled at him.

"About what, Lacey?" I asked, looking back to her.

"Did Damien tell you Noel's leukemia is back."

"What? No. It can't be." I shook my head. "It was gone. How do you know?"

"Damien's warmed up to me a little. And I'm not two. I know things. She's my niece."

"The doctors said it was gone." I shook my head still.

"But it came back- Wait, where are you going?" Lacey followed me as I walked back to the front door.

"To hopefully kill Damien Moreau." I muttered.

"Oh no you don't." Eliot put a hand on my hip and spun me so I had my back against the door. "Where do you think you're going? You aren't leaving me with two kids."

"Then Lacey can watch Noel. I'll go by the police station and get a taser, swing by Damien's house, tase him a few times, then come back here."

"Now, why would you try to tase Moreau?" Eliot sighed. His hand still rested on my hip.

"Because I have a damn bone to pick with him, that's why."

"I'm coming with you."

"No, Eliot."

"Yeah."

"You are so dead." I muttered and shook my head. "No. You can walk with me there, but only me and Damien are talking."

"About what?"

"Things with Noel." I ducked under his arm and went to the window in my room by the fire escape. "If you don't let me out of the front door, I going out the window."

"No, Skylar-" Eliot was cut off when I jumped out of the window. I grabbed on to the last stair on the fire escape ladder and let myself fall easier to the ground. "Damn it, Skylar." I knew he would follow me, so I took my time walking out of the alley. My phone vibrated in the back pocket of my jeans. It was Damien.

"Hey, I was just talking to Lacey about tasing you." I sighed as I answered the phone.

"What did she tell you about me this time, Skylar?" Damien asked.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me Noel's Leukemia was back?"

"I was going to tell you once you finished this job for me, baby."

"Well I'm on my way to your office house thing with dip shit beside me."

"Don't kill anyone, Skylar."

"I'll try not to." I sighed and hung up.

"Its weird, how you casually talk to Moreau like he's not the man he is." Eliot said, glancing over to me.

"Well for almost a year and a half I thought he was a good guy." I shrugged.

"Noel has cancer?"

"Yeah. Leukemia. The doctors said if it comes back, she can die." I nodded.

"Stay out here, Eliot. Damien's in the pool area." I stopped Eliot in front of the doors to the inside pool Damien had at one of his locations.

"Be careful." Eliot kissed my forehead before I went in. There were a bunch of girls in bikinis sitting around Damien. Typical.

"I'm slightly disappointed you didn't bring your bikini, Skylar baby. Ladies." Damien looked along the girls. They all nodded and left the pool area. I knew almost all of them. He stood up and walked towards me.

"Why didn't you tell me, Damien?" I pushed his chest, pushing him back. Two of his bodyguards who I knew, Marcus and Quinn, held my arms but I punched Marcus's nose and kicked his torso then flipped Quinn into the pool.

"Now, now, Skylar." Damien put his hand on my shoulder.

"No, you know she can die!"

"Don't raise your voice!" Damien groaned. "I'll give you all the money you need for her chemo treatments and everything, but you need to take out an ex client and his family."

"Damien, I- You know I don't do that anymore." My voice became quiet as I realized my situation.

"Then I guess Noel doesn't need her treatments." Damien sat back down in his chair.

"Give me the name, address, and background information. I have a pistol and a riffle in my apartment." I crossed my arms.

"I would've thought Eliot would've taken it away with his 'no gun' thing." Damien snorted.

"He took away two of my pistols and my cartilage of bullets so that's all I need you to supply me with along with the man's information and all. The rest, I can get done in less than an hour."

"Good." Damien snapped his fingers and Marcus pulled out a file. He was glaring at me with a bloody nose. "Have fun, baby."

"Never do." I muttered and turned to walk away.

"You have a fucking riffle in your apartment?" Eliot asked with an attitude as I walked out of the pool room.

"There are reasons why I don't want you coming with me, Eliot Spencer and if you repeat any of this to the guys, I'll break your nose."

"Threat."

"Nope. That's a promise." I shook my head and opened the file. The man was Jeffrey Greenwood. He had three kids, a fifteen year old, a four year old, and a two year old. I sighed and put the file in my jacket.

"So are you doing the job?"

"I have to, Eliot. There's no other way to help Noel. She doesn't had insurance because Damien didn't want anyone to know she exists."

"Skylar, you can't kill three innocent children. One's a little older than Lacey and the others are around Noel's age."

"Eliot." I shook my head. The more I thought about it, the more I was telling myself not to. But it was for Noel, for my baby.