Sion

It was strange, so strange, not something he was used to, not something he knew, not something he had ever seen, those silver eyes looking at him with such depth, was that a gaze of a teenager? It felt much deeper than that... It was like clauis knew his troubles, which was strange, because they had never met, never seen each other, or heard of each other before, yet when he held his hand that day, it was undeniably warm.

Clauis's pale skin worried him, he would constantly fret over the weak omega, telling him to eat more and more to gain more weight... At one point he wondered if what he was feeling was love...? But... It was too different for it to be romantic, The overprotectiveness he felt was strange and new to him. Why was he so worried about a noble omega?

There was no point in keeping relationship with him, they were world's apart, he was nothing more than a commoner and clauis was, he was an elite among the elite, his status could be compared to that of royals.

Yet clauis stuck around him, talking to him, teaching him, feeding him stuff he would never dream of even looking at. "One day you will understand, Sion, one day you will find that one friend of yours, that you will die for, that you will live for, that you will kill for." His father's words echoed in his head several times when he looked at clauis.

A friend, Truth to be told, he never really had friends before, or one could say he didn't have time for friends constantly on jobs earning money for his siblings livelihood, he was not the oldest, he was somewhere in the middle, the second last child, so he attended the academy with ease.

It was scary for sion as how quickly he seemed to get too attached too quickly for his own good, something he was not used to, something he didn't want to admit.

Being bullied was something he anticipated he would go through, especially after clauis had saved his ass on the first day from the snobby nobles, everyone had noticed him, since clauis stood out, the ones beside him also stood out.

He took the bullying, he didn't want to trouble clauis when it happened, so he kept quiet, the fact that clauis was worried about him brought him happiness, a warm feeling.

So when they dishonored clauis's name, talked about him like he was some kind of toy, infuriated him, he had to speak up and he did, clauis's condition didn't seem too different from the condition of the Commoner omegas... A toy, a plaything, something that could be discarded. He then wondered, were they really that different?

Clauis's sweet yet cold voice rang in his ears, for a moment he thought he was hallucinating, but no, the Omega's gaze was cold, he defeated the Alphas like they were nothing, clauis was strong, he wasn't some delicate trophy made from glass, sion was aware of that and this incident just proved that.

Clauis was sion's only friend, that was the time... Sion decided he would get stronger, he would become someone that could protect clauis, Clauis's warmth was something he craved for, it was the kind of warmth that not even his family could give him, it was calming, peaceful.

Yet that happiness was short-lived, Clauis was hurt, kicked by some marquis that was going into rut, Sion, couldn't protect clauis, he didn't have any excuses, No one was to blame for his failure, That's why he grew stronger.

He couldn't go near clauis, while clauis was in heat, so he did the only thing he could, train, He trained hard, increasing his strength.

There was once a time that his oldest brother had asked him, "What path are you planning on choosing? Decide wisely, our options are not that limited, become someone you would be proud of." So Sion had decided, it was time he decided what his path would be, he would follow clauis to the moon and back, to the bottom of hell or to the top of heaven, he would follow clauis.

'I must become strong enough and become his escort knight!' He thought as he swung his sword on the wooden dummy breaking it on his 138 strike... Weak... He was weak, he needed to become stronger.

"Your footing is wrong." A cold voice rang through the training yard and he immediately looked to side, a handsome man with long black hair, wearing expensive clothing, he excluded an aura of absolute power and dominance.

It didn't take long for sion to know, this man was clauis's father, sion quickly kneeled, he was commoner and knew his place, no matter how clauis treats him, he can't expect the same treatment from other members of the family.

"It's amazing how much clauis does for you, that child is always disinterested in everything but books, I thought Nox was joking in his reports." The Duke was most certainly talking to himself. Sion kept quiet, knowing that he should not talk.

"Keeping those matters aside, Stay away from my son." He said sternly, his eyes cold.

To sion this kind of coldness was different, different from what he's used to, this kind of gaze was very different from Clauis's. Clauis's cold gaze held warmth and understanding, this gaze was very different, it was unforgiving, cruel, it unnerved him, scared him.

"I am sorry, But I can't accept that, I won't leave Clauis." Sion was determined, he had spent more than enough time with clauis, clauis is a  friend he never had, and there was no way in hell was he going to let the Archduke destroy that relationship.

Clauis was all that mattered to him, clauis his home, his benefactor, his helper, it was time to repay clauis back and the only he could ever do was to repay clauis.

"Are you denying me? You have got guts I will give you that... Or is it stupidity? Foolish bravery perhaps." The Duke looked at him as if he was an ant that could be crushed anytime.

Yet he wasn't going to back down. "I won't leave clauis's side! I have decided! I will... I will become his escort knight!" He huffed as he said it, the pressure that was on him, seemed to have lessened, he looked up from the ground... His eyes widening, the Duke held a strange gaze, those eyes they reminded him so much of Clauis, there was that warmth, That understanding, fascinating... They did resemble each other despite being so different in appearance.

"The more you stay with him, the more you bond with him, you will hurt yourself..." The Duke muttered, was it sadness? Guilt? Regret? "He and I... Share the same fate..." The Duke said and walked away without a word.

"Share the same fate?" Sion muttered, what did he mean by that? The Duke was a mystery.

A mystery that even clauis couldn't solve.