~5~

(Y/N's POV)

Finally, the bell for lunch break rang. I grabbed my lunch box and Yacchi's hand and ran towards the cafeteria. Don't judge me, I practiced in the morning, and after that, I just had a slice of bread and after that, I ran 10 rounds of the field. So, it's natural to be this hungry.

We sat at our usual place and I started eating like there is no tomorrow. I was stuffing my mouth with sandwiches when two guys approached me. One of them asked me, "You are l/n right?" I nodded in confusion, I guess both of them were 2nd years

"You are amazing..." The other one said with a spark in his eyes and after that, they left. I and Yacchi gave each other a confused look, when I noticed that some other 2nd years were looking at me and whispering. That made me conscious. Then one of the guys was teasing the other in a way like, 'Go talk to her'.....

Trust me I have never been this embarrassed before. I wanted to hide my face inside my lunchbox but instead of that, I thought of focusing on my food.
Again I stuffed my mouth with another sandwich when that pink hair, second year came to me.

She tapped my shoulder and said, "Ano, I am so sorry about what happened in the field." She said with a guilty smile.

"Is ein, don nory bou bat." I smiled at her.
Yacchi and she gave me a look like I just spoke gibberish.
After I swallowed the food that was in my mouth, "It's fine, don't worry about that. After all, it wasn't your fault, it was just some stupid, egoistic Ace." I said with a smile mixed with an annoyed look.

Both Yacchi and she started laughing. I joined them. "I am l/n f/n, and she is Yacchi. Come, you can join us." I introduced ourselves to her and invited her to sit with us.
"I am Momoi Satsuki." She said while having a seat next to me.

We chit-chatted for a bit, she told us that she is the manager of the Boy's Basketball Team. We told her that we also play basketball and are part of the Girl's Team.

Then she told us about that stupid Aomine guy. She told us that they have been childhood friends and are really close to each other, and annoying and mocking others is just Aomine's habit. She also told us that, he has played and loved basketball ever since they were very little, and whenever he plays basketball he is a different person. But now he is not the same while playing basketball, he has stopped practicing. He had lost interest but last year when Serini High defeated him, (yay! That's Kagami-senpai's team), he finally found an opponent worthy of him. Before that, he had decided that, "The only one who can beat me is me."

What an egoistic asshole he is, I mean how lame, "The only one who can beat me is me." And so over confident.

I asked her, "So during practice time he sleeps on the roof?" She nodded...
"Wow, such a productive way to waste some important practice time." I said sarcastically.

"I know, I have told him and forced him so many times to come for the practices but he never listens to me." She said in a little sad tone.
"But how do you know that he sleeps on the roof l/n-san?" Momoi asked curiously.
"Umm- well... Uhh... Y-you see... That..." Nervousness took all over me.

"Yes, you see that-" we heard a voice and that person came to our table, yes, yes, yes it was that dumbass baka Aomine.......

"That someone just furiously came up to the rooftop the other day and started shouting and punching the wall, like an idiot, and woke me up from my beautiful and important sleep."
He said it in a husky and uninterested way. But the sarcasm in his tone might break the sarcasm meter. He was so loud that, people in the cafeteria around us were staring at me and laughing like anything.

I guess all my life's embarrassment was done in one day. I wanted to punch that AHOMINE so badly. I get up from my seat furiously, banging my hands on the table, and turn towards Aomine, facing him. I fold my arms, and look straight in his eyes. Damn, dude! His eyes are blue and are really pretty.

Anyway, I look into his eyes and give back his sarcasm, "Oh really, at least I wasn't skipping practices and wasting my time on the roof sleeping. Oh, wait, someone's, more specifically, The so-called Ace's beauty sleep matters more to him than his practices." "Tsk, tsk, tsk" I click my tongue, frustration was clearly seen on his face. Yes! F/n you did it!....

He came closer to me, "Ayy Shortie, did you just click your tongue at me? Trying to be cool and defending yourself, huh?" When he looked straight into my eyes and said that with a smug look, I felt rollercoasters in my stomach. But I showed that I was unaffected.

"Huh! See, Mr. So-called Ace, this is the first and the last time I am telling you, stop calling me Shortie or any other nicknames. I have a name and stop being so frank with me, we don't even know each other." I looked straight into his eyes with a fierce look. I could see a little smirk on his face. Why does this guy always have a smirk on his face?

All of a sudden Momoi started pushing Aomine away, "ummm, l/n-san I am again sorry! I will be going now. Just don't mind this baka." She took Aomine with her, I could hear them argue while going. After that, yes, everyone was still staring at me and talking about me. Enough embarrassment for my whole life.!!

*Hellooo!! Think about a day as embarrassing as this...... In the next chapter, it will be the same day but Aomine's Pov......
So, let's see what Aomine was thinking at that particular moment......*
*And guys, thank you for 100+ views and please keep on supporting me and keep on voting for me....
Thank you.... 🫶🏻*

~Kiraa