~ 13~ The Past that Floods the Peaceful Dream

"Ah!"

With a scream, Jeon Jungkook sat up straight. He looked at everything around him and was at a loss for a moment. Was he...dreaming? The immense pain in his body was gone. There was no blood around him, and Lee Dong-Min was nowhere to be found.

"Sorry for not believing you, and not being able to keep you safe, Eun Yeong~ah... I'll surely make them pay", Jungkook makes a promise in his heart.

But, it looks like he woke up in the dawn and had nothing to do. So, Jungkook decided to unpack the luggage he had brought from his previous home yesterday. while unpacking his luggage suddenly a small jewellery box came into his hand.

"How?" He pulled away from the luggage and stood, while intently watching the jewellery box. The box looks like only a ring can be fitted into it. Curiously he opened the box and found two small but glamorous blood-red rubies placed inside of it.

These rubies!! Hasn't he seen these identical rubies in his dream as well? Even before he returned to South Korea, he was madly searching for those rubies everywhere. But, how come they came by themselves and sat inside of his luggage, waiting to be picked up and recognized by him?

While Jungkook is trying to wrap his head around this bizarre situation, he suddenly feels that someone is intently looking at his every movement.

"Who_" he looked up. Jungkook jumped back as his gaze fell on a dark-haired cold-faced man with flaming eyes. "Who are you?" He took a few steps back.

The man looked at him silently for a few seconds before smirking and turning around. "Looks like you have some memory breach! Follow me", the man said in his baritone voice, each word sounded like thunder. The strange man placed his hands on his back and walked forward.

"Restrain yourself. You cannot get to those sinners right now even if you tried. Reserve and grow your power until it is time to strike" " the man said, unlike his previous words this time his voice was calmer and less eerie.

"Who are you?" Jeon Jungkook asked eyes narrowed. The man smiled and placed a hand on Jeon Jungkook's shoulder, "One of your favorite people from your past! I gave you long enough time to adjust to your present condition, now it is time to decide for yourself how you are going to take revenge on those offenders".

He sat beside Jeon Jungkook, "Do you believe that you deserve any of this?"

".....", Jeon Jungkook glared at him silently before looking away.

Jeon Jungkook clenched his teeth and replied, "Isn't it widely believed that everyone's life is predestined".

The man chuckled, "You control your life, Jungkook. Everything may be predestined but your decision makes it a reality", He stood, "I don't like reasoning with stubborn men. Call me when you are ready to be reasonable". The man disappeared as soon as he said that, Jeon Jungkook glanced at the spot where the strange man stood for some seconds. His attitude somehow makes him feel that in his past life, the strange man might use to stay close to him, cause the words that the man spoke literally gave him some confidence and insights.

In this life, Jungkook was an orphan and was adopted by a famous doctor named Kim Seokjin, who treated him like a younger brother. He first studied at the Seoul National School of Medicine but later went to Harvard University to earn a post-graduate degree in criminal psychology.

Being brought up by a famous doctor, his biggest wish was to help mankind with his capability, and from the time onward he remembered his past life, he vowed to take revenge on the perpetrators. That is why, he chose to become the deputy commissioner general of the National police force of his home country. Thanks to the commissioner general, he doesn't have to show his face anywhere in public, but as per the special order from the Commissioner general, he has to become a mutton skewer shop owner just to spy and supply intel to the Commissioner general regarding the underworld and gangsters.