Chapter 2 - Planning

Lonesome Cereal Cafe

July 24th

1000 hours

Sophia and I decided to take the day off work to discuss our plans to "borrow" some CIA surveillance equipment. We were planning out the act of treason in a cafe 5 blocks away from CIA headquarters named Lonesome Cereal Cafe which, ironically, had quite a few couples in it.

The cafe was decorated with star-shaped LEDs lining the walls, providing light in addition to the large panes of glass in the front of the cafe, revealing the busy streets outside. Across from the entrance of the cafe was a display with all sorts of amazing pastries ranging from lemon loaves to chocolate croissants and beside that was the cash register.

A short and plump sort of woman with a kind face came over to our table. I was surprised that we would be getting waited on, considering that the price range of the cafe was on the lower side. (*sees short* literally me lmao) - this was tehimpossible

"May I get you two lovebirds anything to drink? Or eat? We have this new drink called The Dragon's Paradise. It's quite a lovely drink that's a mix of dragon fruit and coconut milk, I think you'd love it if- "

"We're not here on a date or anything. We're just here to take a break from work, as friends. Although, I will take a latte with 2 sugars, please," smiled Sophia, and looked over at me.

"Erm, the Dragon's... drink. The drink you recommended would be just fine," I stuttered awkwardly to the waitress.

"The Dragon's Paradise? Of course, dear. I will get that and the latte for you two right away. Would you like anything else? Something to eat?"

"No, that will be all."

"Alright, coming right up!"

I watched the motherly waitress walk away until she was out of earshot.

"A latte? With two sugars? Really?" I asked.

"Yes! There's nothing wrong with that! Now, if you would kindly turn your attention to the more important matter at hand."

"Yes, but I still don't see how you could walk out of the CIA with their surveillance equipment," I countered.

For the next two hours, Sophia and I argued back and forth to come up with an elaborate plan to steal the CIA's surveillance equipment to go on a classified CIA operation. Ironic, I know.

In the end, we decided that we could set off the smoke detectors inside our office and rely on other people coming out of the high-clearance area of the building to open the doors for us. Then we would use the smoke to mask our identities and go to the storage area where the doors were most likely unlocked since even the CIA thought that the agents on assignments and high-level desk jockeys who were granted access into that wing would not be law-breaking thieves. Sophia and I couldn't settle on how we would get the equipment out after we had broken in, however.

"We could bring a duffel bag with us and walk out with it like they contain documents that we can't risk being destroyed, " Sophia suggested.

"Duffel bags? Really? We don't need that much equipment. We only need a few bugs, cameras, and earpieces." I rolled my eyes.

"Just in case?"

"We don't need to risk being caught for a 'just in case'."

"I guess I've seen too many spy movies recently," she grinned.

I sighed and called over our waitress. "Could we have the bill, please?"

"Sure, honey, " she replied, took our empty glasses, and walked off behind the counter to get our bill.