Chapter 5 - Reunion

Parts of this book were inspired by Spy School Reunion here on Wattpad by smh204, she's an incredible writer, possibly the best Spy School fanfic I've read. (I'm sorry tehimpossible)

I know words per day... But I didn't... I have my reasons. Are they good excuses? No. But they were reasons why I didn't write. Sorry about that. Anyway, now that ziqimeng123 urged me to update, I feel guilty. So here's a new chapter.

Chapter 5 - Reunion

Spy School

July 24th

2030 hours

We were a "little" late. And by a "little", I mean an hour and a half. The event started at 1900 hours, but Sophia and I had to wrap up our previous operation and prepare for the event.

Sophia was in a stunning opal dress with strands of pearls across the linings. She had done her hair and put on a little makeup. She looked amazing. I had just gone home, taken a shower, and thrown on an old suit that I had bought myself because Alexander insisted that all good spies had to have a suit. I looked like a forty-year-old man attending the wedding of a classmate's son he had met in high school and had never talked to since.

Sophia couldn't conceal her amusement as I pulled up onto what used to be the quad in my old Toyota Civic.

"Is that your idea of dressing up? That shade of brown looks terrible on you," she told me.

"I-- let's just head inside."

The remains of the old spy school building were torn down shortly after the re-recapture of Murray Hills. The government planned to rebuild spy schools for the future generations of the CIA but at this rate, we're gonna invent time travel before they finish. It's a miracle they built it in the first place anyway.

To the government's credit, they have built a wing of Spy School, and we spies decided to use it as our yearly reunion spot. I'm pretty sure it was Mike's idea, and Erica made it happen.

The reunion and ball floor was on the quad as there wasn't enough space inside any of the classrooms, we set up fun games inside the classrooms though.

The event was larger than I expected, I didn't realize how many people were crammed into spy school until then.

The quad had a large white tent set up in the centre emitting a warm yellow light, it kind of reminded me of a wedding. When I entered the tent, the floor was crowded with giant round tables, except the middle, which was left empty.

Everyone was already at the event, so all the seats were already filled. Some people were even dancing to the music. I quickly found my old friends' table, which everyone was avoiding like the plague - presumably because of Erica's presence.

As I walked up to the table, Mike was the first one to recognize me.

"Ben! You're here for once! Give me a hug, buddy!"

I smiled awkwardly. "Hi."

"How long has it been? Three years since I'd last seen you? And you wear this to come and greet us? I thought you were better than this Benny boy," he ruffles my hair.

I quickly moved away. The others at the table were equally shocked. Chip and Jawa were there, both tall and muscular. Puberty had done wonders on Chip, and he looked like he just stepped out of a Vogue magazine. Erica had brought her computer to the party and was working on it. Zoe was nowhere in sight.

I cleared my throat, "Ahem, guys, I'm here for something important."

"Who's that, " whispered Mike before I could continue, pointing at Sophia. He waggled his eyebrows.