Chapter 6 - Pizza

Exams are soon so probably I won't update until after the exams. Say goodbye to my engagement and views! ;-; I'll probably update after the exams, which are at the end of January. Anyways, if you wanna talk to me you guys can friend me on Discord: jamiechessguy. I promise to accept your friend requests.

Update for A/N on Jan 28th: Well I have exams now, soooooo. I'll write after my exam tomorrow.

I did update in the end. I kinda just wrote 90% of the chapter a month ago and left it unfinished because I was too lazy to finish it. I finished it today :D

Sophia's Apartment

July 25th

1230 hours

Sophia, Mike, and I regrouped at Sophia's apartment the next day to figure out what Carl had been up to and wolf down some pizza in preparation for the upcoming mission.

"Let me get this straight," said Mike taking a bite, "you want me to show up to his house and tell him about his brother's death years after it happened?"

"Dressed as a police officer," I reminded him.

"Or a detective," added Sophia unhelpfully.

Mike furrowed his eyebrows. "There is no way I'm going to blow my cover as a spy like that."

"But we need your expertise as an agent undercover."

"Why can't Ben do it?"

"He hasn't seen any action in nearly a decade."

"That's not true," I argued, "we stole equipment from the CIA just yesterday."

"That doesn't count," dismissed Sophia, "In conclusion, you're the only one here with any actual field experience."

Mike crossed his arms, "Absolutely not. I am not going like that. You guys have to have a better plan!"

Sophia and I looked at each other. 'We don't," we said in unison.

I sighed, "I'll go."

"You're going to blow your cover! It's not that I can't complete the mission, it's that the plan is terrible," said Mike through a mouthful of pizza.

"We're going with it anyway," I told him.

Mike nodded.

Ignoring Sophia's protest about how I was severely inexperienced, Mike and I started to plan out the rest of our recon mission.

"We need to make sure it doesn't seem too suspicious that we're showing up at his house," Mike agreed.

"Then we coerce him into doing something illegal, arrest him, seize his assets, and boom, we finish the mission."

Mike and I turned to Sophia with disgust in our eyes, "No! We're not going to arrest an innocent man for nothing."

Sophia shrugged, "We don't know he's innocent."

"He's innocent," said Mike with so much forcefulness that Sophia raised her hands in surrender and ended the argument with a, "You don't even know him."

"So how do you two angels propose we get the money back from Carl then?" asked Sophia.

"We explain the situation to him?" proposed Mike.

I whacked him on the back of his head, "We can't let him know the truth, remember?"

"Chill," grumbled Mike, rubbing his head, "I meant to make up a story. Where the hell are we getting a police uniform anyway?"