ONE

Amber and Tara found solace in each other's embrace, their bodies pressed against the wall as they shared a passionate kiss. Tara's leg rested in Amber's hand, the intensity of their connection palpable. A playful giggle escaped Tara's lips as she traced her fingers gently across Amber's face, savoring the tender moment.

As the intensity grew, Tara leaned further into the wall, allowing Amber to push her against it. But after a few moments, Tara playfully pushed Amber away, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Get out of here, you weirdo," she laughed, teasingly.

Amber wiped her lips with a smile, respecting Tara's playful gesture, before she ventured through the lively party in search of Anika and Mindy. The sight of the two of them cuddled together on the couch brought a soft warmth to Amber's heart. Over the past year, they had grown closer and formed a loving bond. Despite Amber finding it utterly gross, Amber found joy in her sister's happiness.

Pouring herself a drink, Amber took a sip as she joined the others on the dance floor, allowing the music to carry her into the night. Amidst the celebration and laughter, she reveled in the shared moments and connections formed in the gathering, grateful for the bonds that held them together.

➩➩➩➩➩

Anika tenderly kissed Mindy's hand, enjoying the warmth of their connection as she sipped her drink. Her attention shifted abruptly as she noticed Tara making her way towards the stairs, accompanied by a random guy. Concern creased Anika's brow, and she felt compelled to intervene.

"Hey, Tara, is it time for us to head out?" Anika approached Tara, placing a firm hand on her shoulder. She considered Tara as her future sister-in-law, a title she cherished.

Tara shook her head, her voice filled with assurance. "No, Anika, I'm good here. You can head out if you want. I'll be fine."

Anika's protective instincts kicked in, her gaze shifting to the guy standing beside Tara. "I'll take care of Tara," he introduced himself as Frankie.

Anika's skepticism was evident as she retorted, "And I have zero interest in knowing anything about you, Frankie."

Tara interjected, her voice calm and reassuring. "Dude, Anika, it's okay. I'll be alright. You don't have to worry."

As Tara and Frankie continued to walk away, Anika let out a sigh of concern. Her attention shifted to her little sister, who was engrossed in conversation with a random girl. Anika approached them, gently nudging Amber.

"Hey, go be a good partner," Anika whispered, motioning towards Tara.

Amber groaned in response, clearly exasperated. She placed her drink down and made her way over to the unfolding scene. When Tara and Frankie were halfway up the stairs, Amber called out to her.

"Hey, baby, don't you think you should stay downstairs with everyone else?"

Tara turned around, a hint of surprise in her voice. "Oh, hey, babe."

Amber leaned against the stairs, concern etched on her face. "Come on down; we're going home."

Tara's resistance was immediate. "What? No, I'm fine here. You don't have to worry about me."

Amber tilted her head, her voice filled with genuine worry. "You're going upstairs with some random person. You're not fine."

Tara attempted to interject, but Amber cut her off. "Don't worry, Amber. She's fine. We're just going to grab some drinks," Frankie chimed in, attempting to reassure Amber.

Frankie tightened his grip on Tara's arm, forcefully pulling her up the stairs, causing her to wince in pain. Amber swiftly intervened, grabbing Frankie and forcefully yanking him down the stairs. Chad, sensing the escalation, stepped in and delivered a solid punch to Frankie's face, incapacitating him. Meanwhile, Amber rushed to Tara's side, concern etched on her face.

"Are you alright?" Amber asked, her voice filled with genuine worry.

"Amber, I'm fine. You didn't have to do that," Tara insisted, attempting to sit up from her position on the stairs.

"I was just trying to help you," Amber responded, gazing at Tara with a mix of concern and confusion.

In the midst of the commotion, Sam emerged, wielding a taser. Without hesitation, he aimed for Frankie's lower body, causing everyone to gasp as Frankie convulsed on the floor. Tara let out a frustrated groan, pushing Amber away from her.

"Seriously, Sam? Are you stalking me now?" Tara exclaimed, her anger palpable as she stormed away from the party, seething with frustration.

"W-What, Tara?" Sam stammered, taken aback by the accusation, before quickly following her, desperate to understand and resolve the situation.

The rest of the group hurriedly followed behind the two sisters, sensing the urgency in the air. Tara's voice rang out, filled with frustration. "I can't believe you did that! You embarrassed me!"

Sam, still concerned, defended her actions. "That guy was a complete dick. He was going to take advantage of you!"

Tara's response was filled with defiance. "So!"

Sam's confusion was evident. "So?"

Tara's anger intensified, her voice laced with resentment. "You can't just come here and tell me what to do, Sam! You can't be there for every step I take! I mean, you were out of my life for five years. Now you can't leave me alone for five minutes!"

Tara rubbed her temples.

""Have you ever been to see the therapist?" Sam asked.

"No, because I'm uninterested in living in the past like you are. I'm not going to let what happened to me for three days define the rest of my life. Why are you here in New York? You're working two shitty jobs to help with rent or whatever, what's your plan? I know mine I'm going to keep going to college, get my degree, marry my girlfriend, and live my life, it's my life," Tara sighed, "You have to let go eventually"

"guys seriously can we do this somewhere else--" Anika said moving toward them when suddenly both Sam and Anika got splashed with coke. Anika gasped before she pushed the girl who did it, "What the fuck is your problem bitch!?"

Chad then grabbed her moving her away from the girl. "Murderers!" She yelled to Sam and Anika.

Sam went to hit her but Amber, Mindy, and Tara held her back. "You got a problem with us!"

"Stay away from them they know what they did!" The girl warned her friends who were recording.

"We didn't fucking do anything!" Anika yelled as she tried to move out of Chad's grip.

"Sure bitches." They then started walking away.