SIX

The group instinctively gravitated towards the door, standing there with a sense of anticipation. Their eyes fixated on the entrance, tension hanging in the air. Suddenly, Anika felt Mindy's grip tighten on her arm.

"Run," Mindy urgently whispered to them, her voice filled with a mixture of fear and determination. Just then, Breann's lifeless body was hurled at Quinn, causing her to stumble backward in shock.

"AHHHH!" Quinn screamed, while Mindy quickly knelt beside her to offer support.

"Guys, come on!" Tara yelled, her voice laced with urgency. Chad swiftly took hold of Tara and Anika, propelling them towards the door. However, before anyone else could escape, Ghostface slashed Mindy's shoulder, eliciting a groan of pain. In a swift motion, Ghostface slammed the door shut, effectively locking them inside.

Tara's heart raced as she turned back to the door, her eyes widening in horror when she realized that Amber was nowhere to be seen. "Amber! Amber, shit!" she yelled, pounding on the door in a desperate frenzy. "They're still in there!" she cried out, her voice filled with anguish and concern for those left behind.

Amber rushed to the kitchen, only to find the knives missing. "Where the fuck are the knives!?" she exclaimed in frustration. Meanwhile, in the living room, Quinn desperately tried to assist Mindy in fending off Ghostface. Her efforts proved futile as she was choked by the masked assailant and forcefully swung into a nearby wall. A knife pierced her stomach, causing her to scream in agonizing pain while Ghostface twisted the blade.

"AHHHHHHH!"

"Shit, Quinn," Mindy groaned, her voice filled with a combination of anguish and helplessness.

Amber, fueled by a surge of determination, confronted Ghostface, shouting, "Hey! Fuckhead!" She swung the knife holder at Ghostface's head, momentarily interrupting their assault. Seizing the opportunity, Amber swiftly grabbed both Mindy and Quinn, who towered over her, and guided them into Quinn's bedroom. With a quick motion, she shut the door, effectively barricading them from Ghostface's pursuit.

"Fuuuuuck," Mindy groaned, her pain evident as she and Quinn found solace on the bed, the weight of the horrifying ordeal weighing heavily on them.

Amber firmly locked the door and braced herself, holding it against Ghostface's relentless pounding. Abruptly, the banging ceased, and Amber's senses went on high alert. She turned to Mindy, urgency in her eyes, and motioned towards the bathroom, silently instructing her to close the door.

Mindy quickly rose from her position and rushed towards the bathroom. Her heart raced as she let out a startled cry upon discovering a lifeless figure in the shower. "Fuck, fuck, fuck," she muttered under her breath, her panic intensifying. Yet, before she could fully react, Ghostface entered the bathroom, and Mindy frantically attempted to shut the door. However, her efforts fell short, and she had to settle for closing the bedroom door instead.

Meanwhile, Amber sprang into action. She swiftly moved to a nearby dresser, determination etched on her face. With all her strength, she pushed the dresser against the bedroom door, creating a makeshift barrier against Ghostface's advance.

Amber then noticed Sam(forgot to mention she got pulled by Chad too and ran to Danny) and Danny banging on the window. She opened and looked down at how high it was from the ground, she then looked up to see the two pushing a ladder through the window. "Are you two fucking crazy?!"

"Do you have a better idea, Amber Freeman!?" Sam's voice rang out, filled with frustration and urgency. Amber let out a groan, feeling the weight of the situation, before reluctantly shaking her head and grabbing hold of the ladder.

She turned to Mindy and Quinn, a sense of determination in her eyes, and let out a sigh. "You two go first," she instructed, her voice unwavering. "Mindy."

Mindy protested, her voice filled with conviction. "No, someone has to stay and keep the door secure. I'll send Quinn next. Amber, you go after her." Amber's shoulders slumped, and she let out another sigh, realizing the weight of Mindy's reasoning.

Amber mustered her courage and climbed onto the ladder. Fear gripped her as she started crawling, her eyes fixed on the window above. "Amber, keep your eyes on me. Don't look down," Sam shouted, her voice filled with reassurance and determination. Amber's head immediately lifted, her breaths shaken but focused, as she crawled towards her future sister-in-law.

Finally, Amber reached the window, and Sam extended her hand, pulling her through the narrow opening. They quickly ensured that Amber was okay, exchanging a brief moment of relief before turning their attention back to the others, their determination unwavering amidst the chaos.

"okay guys your turn!" Amber yelled.

Mindy then started coming over after she tried to convince Quinn but she ended up going. Mindy got pulled in the window by Danny and finally was Quinn's turn. And Ghostface was half way through the window.

Sobbing, Quinn mustered the strength to climb onto the ladder, her trembling hands gripping the rungs. As she started crawling, she heard Mindy's urgent voice pierce through the chaos. "Quinn, you have to move NOW!" Confusion etched across her face, Quinn looked up at her friends, only to be met with the chilling sight of Ghostface looming behind her.

Despite the panicked shouts around her, Quinn remained composed, closing her eyes tightly and advancing along the ladder with measured caution.

Suddenly, Ghostface seized the ladder, violently shaking it and causing Quinn's heart to race even faster. "Guys, I don't want to die!" she sobbed, her voice filled with desperation and fear.

Amidst the chaos, Amber reached out her hand, extending it towards Quinn. In a race against time, their hands reached for each other, just as Ghostface yanked the ladder back, leaving Quinn suspended above an empty void. Amber's grip tightened, determination etched on her face. "AHH! Amber, don't let go!" Quinn pleaded, her voice filled with terror, while Amber strained every muscle to keep Quinn from slipping away.

In a heart-wrenching moment, the blood-soaked hands of both girls proved to be their undoing. Quinn's grip on Amber's hand slipped, and she plummeted downward, her body crashing against the unforgiving surface of a nearby dumpster. The impact silenced her cries, leaving Amber's eyes wide with shock and anguish. She let out a piercing scream, her voice a manifestation of the pain and despair that consumed her.

Unable to bear witness to the devastating sight any longer, Amber was forcefully pulled away from the window, her sobs echoing through the room. Ghostface, seemingly satisfied with the chaos they had wrought, cast one final glance at Sam before making their exit, leaving behind a scene of shattered hopes and deep sorrow.