NINE

"Are we sure this is a good plan?" Ethan questioned as they walked down the subway stairs.

Amber's response carried a hint of irritation "You don't have to come, it's not like we want you here"

Ethan shook his head, his resolve evident. "Peel off so we can get picked off one by one, no thank you"

Chad chimed in, injecting a touch of sarcasm. "Ah yes because it's much less scary than the creepy serial killer museum,"

As Amber, Anika, Tara, Sam, Chad, and Danny boarded one of the trains, Anika's eyes scanned the group. A sense of unease washed over her. "Wait, where's Mindy?" she asked, her gaze shifting from one person to another. Chad grumbled, casting a suspicious side-eye at Danny.

"I was going to wait for her, but this cute boy pulled me onto the train,"

"I was trying to keep us together" Danny explained, defending his actions.

"Trying to keep us together by pulling us apart?" Tara questioned, her tone laced with irony. She quickly grabbed onto a nearby pole for support and reached out to clasp Amber's hand, seeking reassurance in their unity.

Chad glanced down at his phone, reassuring the group, "It's okay. They're with Ethan. They'll meet us there." Nods of agreement filled the air. However, Amber's eyes widened in shock as she noticed something ahead. She tugged at Tara's hand, redirecting her gaze to the same sight.

"Fuck," Amber muttered under her breath.

All eyes turned to behold a multitude of Ghostface costumes, making it impossible to discern the real threat. The lights flickered ominously, adding to the tension. Sam's keen observation skills detected a figure in a Ghostface mask drawing nearer to them.

"Guys!" Sam called out urgently. As the figure approached, Danny quickly positioned himself in front of Sam, ready to defend. Amber instinctively yanked Tara backward, shielding them from the potential danger.

A collective sigh of relief escaped their lips as the person exited through the train doors.

➩➩➩➩➩

"Oh, good, you're here," Kirby greeted us, but her confusion was evident as she scanned the group. "Where's Mindy and Ethan?"

"They're just five minutes behind us," Tara reassured her, and Kirby nodded in understanding.

"Let's get you all inside," Kirby suggested, leading the way.

However, Sam stepped in and stopped Danny from following. "Not you. We can't trust anyone we don't know you, not really," Sam explained firmly, causing Danny to sigh and lower his gaze.

"But you do know me," Danny insisted.

"You're not from Woodsboro." Sam responded, her caution unwavering. Danny nodded, understanding her perspective, and gently kissed Sam's cheek, prompting a sigh from her.

"Good call," Kirby chimed in, offering her agreement. They followed Kirby into the theater as she provided an explanation. "Once he steps through the front door, both doors shut, turning it into a kill box," Kirby explained, casting a solemn glance around as they walked inside.

"Weapons?" Sam asked, her voice tinged with concern.

Kirby nodded, her expression serious. "I have one gun. I'm the only one with a badge, so it's going to stay that way. But rest assured, we're safe here."

As everyone split up, Amber and Tara found themselves alone in a room. Tara glanced at Amber, sensing that something was weighing heavily on her.

"You okay? I know all of this has really messed with your head," Tara asked, her voice filled with genuine concern. Amber stood beside her, her gaze fixed on the aged artifacts in the room.