THREE

Anika walked out of the apartment complex, intending to venture out alone. However, to her surprise, Amber emerged from the doorway and called out to her, determined to join her.

"Anika!" Amber exclaimed, opening the door and following her. "Wait up!"

Anika turned, a mix of concern and frustration on her face. "Amber, no... Go back inside and lock the door," she urged, gently pushing the younger girl back.

Amber's determination shone through as she stood her ground. "No way. I'm coming with you, whether you like it or not," she declared, refusing to be left behind. Anika sighed, realizing that Amber's insistence was unyielding.

"Fine," Anika relented, nodding reluctantly. "Just stay close," she instructed, recognizing the importance of sticking together in uncertain circumstances. They continued walking down the street, their bond as sisters serving as a source of strength in the face of the unknown.

Anika felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and quickly retrieved it. The caller ID displayed "RICHIE KIRSCH," causing Amber's eyes to widen in shock. "What the hell?" she gasped.

"I never had his number," Amber exclaimed, her voice filled with disbelief. She glanced around anxiously.

"Don't answer it, Anika. Just let it ring," Amber advised, her concern evident. But Anika disregarded her sister's suggestion and answered the call, curiosity getting the better of her.

"Who is this?" Anika inquired, her voice tinged with caution and uncertainty. The identity of the caller remained a mystery, adding to the growing sense of unease that enveloped the sisters.

"Why, hello, Anika. Did you miss me?" the familiar, chilling voice of Ghostface emanated from the phone, held closely to Anika's ear.

Anika's voice carried a mixture of determination and defiance. "I want you to think long and hard before you do this, because the last two people who fucked with us ended up dead," she warned, her words laced with a firm resolve.

Ghostface chuckled sinisterly before continuing. "You guys should really be thanking me, honestly. I took care of those two film nerds who were planning to come after you."

Anika's eyes narrowed as she noticed a suspicious figure approaching. She swiftly positioned herself in front of Amber, shielding her sister. "So now you're our bodyguard, huh?" she retorted, her voice tinged with both sarcasm and caution.

The voice from the phone grew more menacing. "Not quite. I'm going to expose who you really are to the world-a liar and a killer. I'm going to make you pay, Anika."

Anika's tone hardened as she fired back. "You really shouldn't believe everything you see online," she countered, her voice steady and resolute.

"Watch your back," the caller threatened, the warning hanging ominously in the air. Anika braced herself, prepared to face the looming danger that had engulfed their lives.

"You watch yours." Suddenly someone comes behind Amber and grabs her and holds her by the neck about to attack before she used her elbow to hit them in the face. The girl pushed them into bikes before the two sisters started running away.

The two girls were being chased by Ghostface as they ran toward the bodega, "help please!" Anika yelled before pushing Amber inside of the store. "Help! Please help us we were being chased!"

"This guy is going to kill us!" Amber yelled. While they were trying to warn the cashier Ghostface stepped in and they gasped.

A customer, exuding a tough demeanor, stepped forward, addressing Ghostface challengingly. "You got a problem here, buddy?" he taunted, unaware of the danger he was about to face. Ghostface tilted their head, and with a surge of fury, began relentlessly stabbing the man, causing gasps of horror to fill the air. Amber and Anika recoiled in shock, their eyes wide, as another customer rushed to intervene but met a fatal stab to the neck.