Part 4 - With you, always

Ishan didn't take a moment to kiss Shubman back but on his lips this time.

Somewhere in the back of his head Shubman knew Ishan was tugging him closer but his brain had short-circuited. Shubman was kissing Ishan like he hadn't kissed in his life. He felt a desperation he couldn't describe. He kept kissing like stopping would mean he wouldn't survive. He could feel Ishan reciprocating and that set his heart on fire.

There was so much kissing and biting and sucking that they were now fighting for dominance. Ishan had pushed himself forward. They found themselves in a midway position where Ishan was held by Shubman, arms under his head and around his waist. Meanwhile Ishan had cupped Shubman's face. In the midst of their raucous making out session, Ishan lost his hold and fell only to pull Shubman with him. They bumped heads and cursed out loud. Shubman couldn't help but laugh on seeing Ishan grimacing and cursing. A warmth spread through him as he saw Ishan laughing as well and looking at him with those eyes of his. They always made him feel some kind of way and today, even more so.

He sat up with his back to the backrest of the bed and pulled Ishan on to his lap.

"Wah Mr Gill, aap tho bade strong ho"

(Woah Mr Gill, you're super super strong)

Shubman just laughed at his goofy bestie who said the silliest things at the most inappropriate times and made him laugh. But it was not lost on him that he had called Ishan his bestie in his head. What they did now was definitely not bestie territory. It was just so wildly inappropriate if they wanted to continue to be friends and colleagues. Yet, he had never felt so right. He didn't have the heart to even be worried. It was his Ishan and he had reciprocated with equal fervor. He knew Ishan well. There was no way in hell he would participate so enthusiastically if he weren't all in.

Always better to ask, his brain supplied, helpfully for once.

"Ishan"

Ishan was watching him with a slight smirk on his face.

"Hmmm"

"Tu okay hai na?" "Matlab., mein pooch raha tha.. ki humne jo kiya.. abhi jo hua.. hum. Aise. You know." (you're ok right? I mean to ask. What we did now. You know?)

Ishan laughed. "Itna kyun tension le raha hai" "tu teek hai?"

(Why're you so worried? You ok?)

Shubman smiled. "Mein sirf teek nahi hoon"

"Aise lag raha jaise maiden century banayi ho woh bhi Australia ke against"

(I'm not just okay, I feel like I made my maiden century, against Australia no less)

"Achaaaa toh mein Australia hoon?"

(Oh? So I'm Australia?)

Ishan was falling over giggling.

Shubman had to sigh. Incorrigible. Trust Ishan to act like this after they had kissed the daylights out of each other.

"Meri taraf dekh" (Look at me) He had to turn Ishan by his shoulders and get him to focus. Ishan's big soulful eyes were on him and the onus to focus was on Shubman now.

There was so much Shubman wanted to say, but after everything that transpired, he felt words were inadequate to convey all that he felt and experienced.

"Tujhe patah hai kitna important hai tu mere liye."

(Do you know how important you're to me)

He was now cupping Ishan's face in his palms. Ugh, conversations! He just wanted to kiss the boy in his arms.