Part 14 - Loving you

//This is a continuation of the date night. Warning - mild use of mature words/context. Nothing overt.

As they lay cuddled up, spent from an impromptu love making session, Ishan gently let his fingers graze through Shubman's hair. Now, no more styled to perfection, it looked perfectly tousled. Sex hair at its best, he smiled. He placed a gentle kiss on Shubman's forehead.

He had never imagined them like this, he realized. He had imagined them together enjoying domestic bliss, he had even imagined them having hot desperate sex in a tiny closet,maybe. What actually blew his mind was that they were capable of having both at once and some more. Love could do that, he supposed. Just as friendship had facilitated their relationship, love had helped in their sex life.

Even now, the memory of the intensity of some moments knocked his socks off. Like the time Shubman had held him down and looked at him like he was a century he had been waiting to make. His eyes had singed him. He has never felt so wanted or desired in his entire life. His heart had felt wobbly, a feeling he never knew existed. He didn't know what Shubman saw but he had seen him melt and lose control all at once.

Ishan had also seen Shubman completely at his mercy. Surrendering to him entirely with not an ounce of ego. He had felt so much love that he feared he'd become paralyzed by the intensity of his emotions. Instead it had spurred him on.

The one thing he realized was that there was no one he could find this level of comfort, trust and compatibility with. They knew each other completely, they voiced their opinions and feelings, they disagreed knowing the other would understand. They had always loved each other a little more than others and now a lot more than a little. He wondered idly if this is what it felt to have a soulmate.

He was gently tugging at Shubman's hair now without realizing he had been watching Ishan.

"Sona munda" He pulled Ishan's cheeks. Ishan swatted his hands away.

"Abhi wapas nahi jaana tujhe?"

(Now don't you want to go back?)

"Uff Ish tu itna annoying kyun hai"

(Ugh, Ish, why're you so annoying?)

"Acha beta"

(I see, son)

Ishan pretends to strangle Shubman who holds his hands and says "later, baby"

Holy fking crap! He was not ready to be flirted with at that level. He had to do damage control before he was exposed as being completely embarrassed, interested and melted all at once. He smoothly slides off the bed and starts wearing clothes trying to figure out which was the vest he was wearing.

"Chalo let's eat before leaving"

(Come, let's eat before leaving)

Shubman is grinning because he can see right through Ishan's pretend nonchalance. He pulls him towards him.

"Kya kar raha hai, pagal"

(What are you doing, crazy person)

"Ishan.. idhar dekh zara"

(Ishan.. Look here)

Ishan sends a prayer and steels himself and looks at Shubman who has the cat got his whiskers look on his face. Damn him for dating his best friend who knew him a bit too much. Shubman was smiling his trademark smile. Somewhere between smirking and looking adorable, he was messing with Ishan for sure.

"Tho Mr Ishan Kishan does get flustered at flirting and is that a kink we need to explore darling?"

"Fk you"

"Anytime, sweetheart"

"Oh god, can you stop acting like this."

"Like what, sweets"

"Smarmy" Shubman laughed breaking character he had donned to throw Ishan off.

"I love my sweet, emotional Shubhi who's always sincere and a bit silly" Shubman kissed Ishan's forehead.

"All yours, baby"

"Chal, khathe hai. Sab thanda hogaya hoga"

(Lets eat, everything must've gotten cold)

Ishan said pulling him along.

"Rukh, kapde tho pehne de"

(Wait, let me wear my clothes)

Shubman was trying to get his clothes on with one hand.

"I like the view"

Ishan giggled before running out to get the dinner set.

Shubman blushed in the privacy of the bedroom as he put himself together. He loved what they had together. Everything about it spelt - meant to be. He spent a couple of moments reminiscing about their time together. He realized this was a night he would not forget in this life. Amidst their love making, Ishan staring at him looking vulnerable and so long gone as he whispered I love you again and again is definitely a memory seared into his soul.

Ishan was right, there was something about saying the magic words in each other's embrace.

"Tu aa raha hai ki nahi"

(Are you coming or not)

It was Ishan from the other room.

"Aa raha hoon"

(coming)

There was something so different about being in a relationship with a boy. especially your best friend of years. It really was different from most relationships he had come across but it felt perfect for him. Eventually, that's all that mattered.

Ishan had come in again. "Kya kar raha hai"

(What are you doing)

"Ishh, Thank you"

"Hain?"

(Huh)

Shubman went and hugged him.

"You're the best person I know. Mujhse pyaar karne keliye, thank you"

(You're the best person I know. Thank you for loving me!)

Ishan was too overwhelmed to make a snarky remark. He patted Shubman on the back.

"Chal"

(lets go)

They spent the next hour having the best time together just eating and chatting. Putting up pictures and commenting on each other's pics. They were feeling the freedom. Maybe it didn't exist yet? But just then? They didn't care. It felt good to live and love freely.