Part 6 - Playing him like the fiddle

As soon as he reached Shubman though, he silently indicated to him that he was fine. Ishan could cry, instead he made sure he clarified the rule with the umpires and walked alongside Shubman while the Physio led him off the field. He waited outside the treatment room, impatiently. He was so stressed that he started pacing. He realized Rohit bhai and a couple of other players had said something to him as they came and went but he had registered nothing.

Once the main treatment was done, he could go in. Shubman was lying looking not terribly uncomfortable while his muscles were being iced. Ishan heaved a sigh of relief. Shubman stretched his hand towards him. He held it as he sat next to him. When he asked for the score he was completely flummoxed. Oh right! They were amidst a very important match. He must really love this boy to have forgotten all about it. Somebody else (everybody else) thankfully was more alert than him and updated Shubman on the scores. Ok, india was playing well.. it was okay for him to fret over his boy.

Someone or the other kept dropping by to make sure Shubman was okay. Ishan sat holding Shubman's hand but not a single person seemed to consider it odd or deemed it worthy of questioning. The minute they were left alone to their devices, Shubman pulled Ishan's hand to his mouth and kissed it tenderly.

"Mein teek hoon" (Im okay)

Tune teek se warm up kiya, pani piya?? Mujhe khayal rakhna chahiye tha. Meri galti hai. (Did you warm up properly, drink water? I should've taken care of you. It's my fault.)

Shubman pulled him until Ishan's head was on his chest. Ishan could hear Shubman's heart hammering in his chest and he looked up surprised. Shubman was looking at him with that heart melting gaze of his.

"Teri galti nahi hai!! Trust me" (It's not your fault, trust me)

"Tera dil itni tezi se kyun dhadak raha hai?" (Why's your heart beating so fast?)

Shubman was quiet for a moment. "Ishan" his voice sounded hoarse. "Mera dimaag kharab ho gaya hai" (I've lost my mind)

"Kya?" (What?)

"Tu itna care karega tho mein apne aap ko control nahi kar paoonga" (If you take such good care of me I can't control myself) Ishan's reaction was two fold. He was stunned into silence then he cursed out loud.

Shubman laughed. "I'm sorry, sach bol raha tha" (I'm sorry, I was being honest)

"Mat bolo. Chup hi raho tum" (Don't say it. Keep quiet)

Shubman pretended to pout.

"Ab jyaada cute banne ki khoshish mat karo" (Now don't try to act cute)

Ishan was clearly miffed so Shubman sobered up a little. He used his most effective weapon. He smiled a devastating smile and saw in what felt like slow-motion the effect it had on Ishan. Ishan had involuntarily started tracing his dimples. A win, Shubman rejoiced in his head. It was then that it hit Ishan. Shubman was playing him like the fiddle. He got up immediately feeling flustered and also, mad at Shubman.

"Looks like you're all good now. I'm going to go sit with the team" Shubman watched Ishan walk off in a huff, feeling a tinge of regret. It was still fun to see him flustered though. Also, he quite enjoyed the way Ishan took care of him. He could make it up to his Ishan. He knew Ishan well enough to not worry about how he'd react.

He turned on the TV and checked the score. The team was doing great. He felt relieved. By the time he was fully okay, the batters were playing exceptionally well. He went to sit with the team in the dugout. He made a beeline to where Ishan was sitting and made himself comfortable right next to him. Ishan refused to look at him. All the others were asking how he was doing but Ishan simply stared ahead like he didn't exist. Interesting.

This may be harder than he thought. "Ishan" he whispered close to his ears. No reaction.

"Ishan.. Ishaan.. babyyyy idhar dekho., suno meri baat.. meri jaan., ishuuuu "(Ishan.. Ishaan..babyyy look here.. listen to me.. my love. Ishuuuu)

He could see Ishan's face coloring but he continued to look ahead trying very hard not to react. Shubman kept pestering him. Whispering sweet nothings that only Ishan was privy to. At one point he lightly elbowed him and Ishan's smile threatened to escape his lips but he still managed to not look at Shubman.

The second half of the match made it harder for any trouble-making. Shubman was fielding but he noticed Ishan was also on the field quite a bit substituting for various players. Shubman felt happy to see him on the field. His Ishan deserves everything and more. He couldn't wait for the days when they both would play together consistently.

The win was huge! They were into the finals and there were celebrations but muted because they didn't want to go overboard. When Shubman was ready to go back to the room, Ishan was nowhere to be found. Shubman was starting to feel frustrated. Where was this boy? Ugh. He walked back to the room feeling a little lost.

The room was empty as expected. Ishan was probably hanging out with some of the other players. He couldn't even be mad, it was just his boyfriend's charming personality. Everybody loved his company and he couldn't be selfish enough to keep him only to himself. Shubman had showered and changed and paced but Ishan was still not back.

He needed to learn to meditate or something for this wait for Ishan was going to be the end of him. In his heart he knew Ishan wasn't probably delaying on purpose. But he wasn't ready to be reasonable anymore. He had half a heart to barge into every room and look for HIS lover and bring him back and keep him to himself. Ooh possessive , his brain snickered but why did it sound like Kareena from Jab we met?

He was truly working himself up. He was missing Ishan again. Why was he making a habit of it. He needed to distract himself. Do anything but what he was doing now. Damn, shouldn't he have told Ishan how turned on he was by the way he was taking care of him. He just couldn't help it ok? Ishan was his boyfriend. There was nothing wrong in feeling the way he did. Right?? Right???? It was not like he was propositioning a stranger. He didn't even do anything. Hmmp!

The more he thought, the more worked up he got. The more worked up he got, the hornier he got. What on earth? He had no idea what was going on with him, but his insides were clawing at him with a desperation to hold, kiss and do so much more with his boyfriend. Where's the last shred of sanity when you need it? Not with him. That's for sure as he walked out of the room, determined.