Part 12 - My roommate

South Africa. All his time in London was spent with the thoughts of flying to that one destination. South Africa, where his heart currently was.

While the media was busy reporting he was going to be late, he was on his way already. Boo! As if he needed an excuse to stay away from Ishan or cricket, in that order. That's still a surprise to him, how there was something in life that he valued more than cricket.

Shubman was actually mad by the time he reached SA though, not only was Ishan rooming with Tilak, he also hadn't shifted out of the room. Ishan's reason being it was his room and Tilak was the one who needed to move out. Ae le.

It took him a full hour after reaching the hotel to find Ishan. Wtaf? Does his boyfriend not care? He was fuming now. He found Ishan and a lot of the other players hanging out at the pool side restaurant. The others called out their greetings, some hugged him and welcomed him. But his one and only, had not even turned around, forget, greeting him.

He went behind the guy he had confessed to not too long ago and put his hands on his shoulder massaging it. He was answering questions about his trip that the others were asking but his entire focus was on Ishan who seemed to have tensed under his ministrations. He bent down to whisper into Ishan's ears.

"Apne hi boyfriend ko ignore. Tu room mein aaja beta tujhe dikhata hoon"

(Ignoring your own boyfriend. I'll deal with you in the room, son)

Ishan had shuddered a little and that made Shubman very smug. He pulled Ishan up from the chair.

"Mein apne roommate ke saat apne room jaa raha hoon."

(I'm taking MY roommate to OUR room)

It felt more like a declaration of intent than an innocent statement. Before anybody could say anything he was guiding Ishan towards the room.

"Oye" Shreyas called out but was promptly ignored by both Ishan and Shubman.

"Why does it feel like Shubman treats Ishan more like his boyfriend than his best friend?"

Shreyas wondered out loud to audible sniggers from the others.

They didn't speak until they reached the room. Ishan looked at Shubman who shrugged and opened the door with his own key card.

As soon as they had locked the door. Ishan was on Shubman hugging and kissing with a desperation he had not betrayed up until then. Shubman was almost in a daze at the ferocity with which Ishan had attacked(!) him.

It was not like Shubman didn't know Ishan hated to show his true emotions. But this level of self control seemed to border on unhealthy in Shubman - unable to keep a single thought out of his face - Gill's opinion.

"Ishhhh" Ishan who had bunched up Shubman's T-shirt and had been kissing his torso, stopped to look up at him. He had words he wanted to use but instinctively captured his lips instead.

"I missed you. I missed you. I missed you so so much"

Ishan pulled him along and pushed Shubman on to the bed. Then he got rid of his jersey and was on Shubman, his knees boxing Shubman's thighs. It was like words had no real meaning anymore as they acknowledged how much they needed each other.

Ishan was kissing every inch of Shubman he could reach. In trying to get to the side of Shubman's neck is how Ishan found himself falling on him. Shubman took the opportunity to flip their positions with Ishan lying under him.

Shubman took a moment to appreciate the man he adores so much that he had spent every waking moment of his break daydreaming about him. Ishan was making grabby hands at him trying to pull him down for more kisses but he wasn't having any of it.