Between Heartbeats

Ishu's POV : 

I shook off the lingering thoughts as the meeting concluded. Exiting the conference room, I hurried back to my room, my mind still buzzing with the remnants of that unexpected moment with Shubman. Eager to distance myself from the incident, I contemplated running a cold bath for myself to relax.

Upon reaching the room, reality hit me like a ton of bricks. "Wait a minute, my room? Dang it, I share it with Shubi," I mumbled, cheeks flushing red. I realised he was right behind me, and I hesitated at the door, torn between entering and avoiding a potentially awkward encounter. The prospect of facing Shubman in our shared space added an extra layer of complexity to the already charged atmosphere.

As I stood there, I couldn't help but wish everyone was here without their wives. Perhaps then, I could have swapped rooms. However, that possibility evaporated as I considered the limited options – the only guys without their wives were Shardul and Shreyas. A pang of embarrassment gripped me at the thought of potential questions and teasing from Shreyas, adding to the unease of the situation.

Shubman, noticing my internal struggle, grinned mischievously.
"Daydreaming again, Ishan? You've got that 'lost in thought' look. What's the fantasy this time?" he teased, his playful tone adding to my embarrassment. I shot him a half-hearted glare, attempting to mask my discomfort.

He leaned in, whispering with a hint of flirtation, "Or maybe you're just captivated by the idea of sharing a room with me." His words hung in the air, and I felt a mix of confusion and amusement at his audacity.

Rolling my eyes, I finally mustered the courage to enter the room, hoping the familiar surroundings would bring a sense of normalcy. As we stepped inside, Shubman continued his banter, making light of the situation. "Don't worry, Ishu, I promise not to invade your daydreams too much. Unless, of course, you want me to," he added, a playful twinkle in his eye.

"Bhai tu sacchi pagal ho gaya hai"

Shubi chuckled at his response and added "Oh, come on, Ishu. Admit it, I add a certain charm to your fantasies."

I smirked, retorting, "Charm? More like a nuisance." Undeterred, Shub continued to playfully tease, "I bet you secretly enjoy the banter. It's the highlight of your day."

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠

As I unpacked my bag, Shub's playful flirting  continued, intertwining with the rustle of clothes and the occasional laughter from the adjacent room. "Bro, I can almost see the rain pouring down as we share a passionate experience – just like in those romantic Bollywood scenes."

He mused, a glint of mischief in his eyes. My mind instantly pictured..a kiss scene.
What? No- no way, what is wrong with you Ishan? I quickly pulled myslef away from these thoughts and shot back, "Shub, you watch too many cheesy movies. This is not some Bollywood script" But his persistent charm only escalated, and he quipped, "Who says we aren't in our own little Bollywood film right now?

Shub's flirty remarks became a constant backdrop to our conversations, turning the mundane into moments charged with playful tension. "Ishu, you're trying hard to resist, but I know you're secretly enjoying the thrill," he whispered during a shared laughter-filled moment, his proximity adding to the electrifying atmosphere.

Shub's eyes twinkling mischievously, he leaned in slightly and uttered, "Ishu, you know, your resistance only adds to the thrill."

Caught in the web of Shub's playful banter, I couldn't escape the magnetic pull in the air. His words lingered, weaving an atmosphere charged with the promise of more than just friendly banter. Suppressing a smile, I responded, "Thrill, huh? You might just be onto something." The air crackled with anticipation between us.

Embracing boldness, I leaned in closer, his words now a velvety whisper, "Then let's make tonight a chapter worth remembering." The magnetic pull intensified, and in that moment, the unspoken tension became palpable. As our fingers accidentally brushed, a spark ignited, echoing the charged atmosphere. "Ishu, you're playing with fire," Shub said, his tone flirtatious.

"Perhaps a little fire won't hurt," I replied.

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠

Team's POV :

Rohit exchanged a puzzled glance with Virat as they watched Shub and Ishu leave the meeting room, seemingly lost in their own worlds. Concern etched on their faces, Rohit said, "Something's not right with Shub and Ishu. Did you notice how they were totally out of it during the meeting?"

Virat nodded, "Yeah, it's unlike them. We need to talk to them and figure out what's going on."

Meanwhile, Shreyas, who overheard their conversation, couldn't resist adding his usual touch of humor. With a playful grin, he chimed in, "Maybe they're rehearsing for a new silent movie, and Shubman's the brooding hero while Ishu's the mysterious leading lady."

The others rolled their eyes, but a faint smile broke on their faces, momentarily lightening the tense atmosphere.